Chapter 23: Cutting everyone's dicks off / edited

Jamie asks Demi and I to wait for her outside of Planned Parenthood.

We've asked a million times if she's alright with going in there alone, but she's determined to go in by herself. So we do that.

I would've thought I'd be incredibly nervous to be alone in the car with her for about an hour. But for some reason, I'm pretty calm. Maybe it's all the emotions and attention in my body that's going to Jamie right now, but when Jamie disappears into the building, I don't feel any nerves anywhere.

"I'm nervous for her." I say. Demi looks at me. "I get that, this must've been a really stressful situation for you too." I nod. "It's been insane, I haven't been sleeping very much the past few weeks." I rub my eyes, allowing the fatigue to show through.

"I can imagine, when did she tell you?" "She told me on Christmas day. Well, she threw up during dinner and pretty much forced herself to admit it to me." "Oh god, that's tough." I nod.

"Yeah, and afterwards we went to get a pregnancy test and when she found out it was positive, she basically tried to avoid the situation whenever I brought it up. It was super frustrating, cause all I wanted was to help her and be there for her. But she's just so stubborn sometimes." She nods and we have a moment of silence.

Suddenly I feel every emotion that I've trying to put aside for the past two weeks bubble up inside of me. All the sadness and anger that I've been feeling is starting to come up and I can't help but let it out.

I cup my face with my hands and I just start sobbing. Demi rubs my back and tells me it's alright. "It's okay sweetheart, just let it all out."

We sit like that for a while, until I feel like I've cried every tear out of my body. When I sit up I let out a big sigh I've been holding in and I look at Demi. She has the sweetest most compassionate smile on her face and she puts her hand back on my shoulder.

"I needed that." I say, while wiping my tears away. "Good." She says. "Come here, give me a hug." She says, and she pulls me into a hug. "Thanks for everything, Demi." I say, before pulling away. "I can't thank you enough for this, I don't know what she would've done if she didn't see you as a person she could trust. It really means the world."

After a while, she turns on some music and the conversations become a little lighter.

"I'm really excited for the school trip, do you know anything about who's going where already?" I ask. Demi grins. "Can you keep a secret?" I sit up in anticipation. "Obviously." She laughs.

"I might've done my best to make sure you, Jamie and your friends are going to New York." I clap my hands in excitement. "Oh my god, that's amazing! Thank you!" She chuckles. "No worries, I've also made sure I'm going so you girls are stuck with me too." "Even better, honestly."

Demi smiles. "How are midterms looking for you? Have you been preparing?" I nod. "I've made a schedule, it's been a little delayed because of the whole Jamie-thing, but I think I'm gonna be fine." "That's good to hear, if you need any help with anything, you know where to find me right?" I nod. "I know, thank you."

A few moments later, we both spot Jamie walking out of the building. She looks drained.

"That was horrible." Is the first thing she says when she gets back in the car. "That was just straight up horrible, I am cutting everyone's dicks off." Demi bursts into a loud laugh, causing everyone to start laughing as well.

"Alright, I'm gonna drop you girls off at home." Demi says, after we've settled down. I grab Jamie's hand and she smiles a broken smile at me. There's a hint of relief in her eyes though.

Jamie's staying with me for at least 3 days, and longer if she needs to. I told my mom she's going through it but not to ask any questions, and she promised not to act any different.

"This is it right here." I say, when we've arrived at my house. Demi and I get out of the car and Demi helps Jamie get out.

"Thanks." Jamie says, before launching herself into Demi's arms and hugging her tightly. I have to keep in my tears, when I see Demi struggling to keep it dry as well.

"I'm here for you, okay?" She says, before Jamie pulls away from the hug. "I'm gonna give you girls my number, so you can text me if there's anything else you need, okay?" We nod and get out our phones.

"Alright, thanks Demi. See you later!" Jamie says, while she makes her way to the house. I hesitate but decide to give Demi a hug as well. She wraps me in her arms and for a second it feels like I'm floating.

"Bye honey." She says softly, and we slowly pull away. "Bye." I say, and catch up on Jamie.

Jamie immediately goes up to my room and dives into my bed. I turn off the lights and close the blinds, and lay down next to her. In no time the girl's fast asleep.

With every minute of hearing her breaths fill the room, I feel the same emotions climb up in my chest as this afternoon in the car with Demi.

I realize that I feel lonely. And it makes me feel so selfish. But I've been so invested in helping Jamie and wanting to be good enough for Demi that it's all kind of starting to get to me, and I just want to be liked for a moment.

And before I can second-guess anything I pick up my phone and start texting.

hi are you doing anything rn? x

-
who is she texting???????
comment & vote :)