Chapter 31: Deal? / edited

"She fucking wrote me up for detention?" Jamie looks up from her phone. "Who, Demi?" I nod. "She was so pissy last week when you skipped class. I've never seen her like that before." I told Jamie all about what went down that morning and she just stared at me with her mouth agape.

The past week I've not being going to Demi's classes and instead have been hanging out with Olivia. I decided to tell her the whole story, since she knows so much already and she's been nothing but supportive.

"I honestly didn't think she'd write me up for it, I can't believe she was actually expecting me to sit in a classroom with her after the conversation we had. God, I hate her." Jamie chuckles. "If you hated her, you wouldn't have reacted to her this way." We sit in silence while I muster up a response that bleeds dry eventually.

After a long day of classes, I say goodbye to Jamie and head towards the detention classroom. I audibly groan when I look through the window and see Demi sitting at the desk. I sigh and open the door. Demi looks up and the look on her face is unreadable.

I don't greet her, pick out a desk at the back of the class and get a book out of my bag. I can see her looking at me from the corner of my eyes, but I don't budge and 'focus' on my book. There's 5 more kids scattered throughout the classroom, and they don't seem to notice anything, all busy with their own thing.

It's a long and painful hour, but eventually it's over and we're excused to go. Demi walks over to me. "Can we talk, please?" I look at her, and I can tell she really needs this. "Sure."

She closes the classroom door behind the last kid that walks out. "Okay, I have a lot to say to you, and I really hope you want to listen." She says, and she sits on top of the desk that's one in front mine. "Alright, I'll listen."

"First off, as you teacher I'd just like to say that not going to classes because of confrontation is not acceptable and I expected a lot better from you. You're one of the top students at this school and this looks horrible on your record." I try to protest but she stops me.

"That's just what I professionally have to say about this. I'm not letting you skip any of my classes without consequences anymore, I understand that it's hard but you're going to show up from now on because you have obligations and I need you to be present for you to pass my classes, got that?" I nod. "I just-" she shushes me again.

"Listen to me, alright?" I nod. "Second of all, I've thought about our conversation and what has been said. And I'd like to apologize to you for how I treated you. I wasn't really thinking about your feelings, and I was mainly focused on my own, and that wasn't acceptable of me. I treated this situation way too harshly, and I expected you to just go with that. I'm sorry."

I'm taken aback, I was not expecting any of this and I can tell she gave this a genuine thought.

"Also, and this is really hard for me because I truly do not know how to handle any of this, but I've been thinking about how we both admitted to having certain feelings for each other, and I just can't stop thinking about it, both in a negative and a positive way."

I genuinely don't know what to say. My head is blank. 

"You don't have to say anything, if you don't want to." Like she reads my mind. "I'm just, a little taken aback." I say, my voice soft. "That's alright, I get that it's a lot." 

After some moments of recapping everything in my head, one question is pretty prominent. "So, what happens now?" I ask. She sighs. "I have no idea. I think we should make an agreement that we keep this between us, and nobody else. And I think we should try not to act on it. If anyone finds out I'm absolutely dead. Deal?" 

She looks genuinely worried, which makes me feel bad about being so angry at her for the past couple of days. I get that she was just trying to protect herself by rejecting me. On one hand I'm glad she feels the same but on the other hand I'm absolutely terrified of what's coming next. "Deal."

"I think we'll figure this out as we go, but what's most important that we try to keep this as professional as possible, do you agree?" I nod. I see relief in her face. "Not pissed at me anymore?" She asks, with some playfulness in her tone. I grin. "No, I'm not pissed anymore."

"Good, cause I absolutely hated this past week." "Me too." 

-

comment & vote :)

itscomingitscomingitscoming