Chapter 13: c u saturday gorgeous ;) / edited

Thursday at 5pm, I walk into the study hall Demi assigned the homework club to. There are about 6 to 7 people sitting around the room, all busy with their own work. Demi's seated next to a kid, explaining something to him.

I wait for her to be done, and she walks over to me as soon as she notices me. "Hey Daisy, glad you showed up. C'mon I'll introduce you to Olivia." She puts her hand on my back, and takes me to a girl sitting at a desk in the back of the room. Her touch burns into my back, and I try to hide my blush behind my hair as much as possible. 

Sitting at the desk is a girl, I think I've seen her around a couple times. She has headphones on, and her long dirty blonde hair is up in a ponytail. She doesn't notice us at first, but once she does she takes off her headphones and flashes a smile. 

"Hi, I'm Olivia, nice to meet you." She says, holding out her hand for me to shake. She's really pretty, not at all what I expected from someone who's gonna be a Geography tutor. "Hi, I'm Daisy." 

Demi explains the situation, and Olivia ushers me to sit down next to her. "I'm happy to help." She says, her smile reassuring me. It instantly makes me feel better about the situation. "Thank you so much for helping me out." Demi makes her way back to her own desk and Olivia opens my Geography book. 

"So, who's teaching you?" "Mr Crawford, and he absolutely hates my guts." She chuckles. "Tell me about it. He was not having me last year. Thank god that's done." "Really? What's up with that man." "Maybe he just doesn't like pretty girls." She says, raising an eyebrow and I chuckle. 

We spent about an hour working through some of the material, and I genuinely start to understand everything a lot better. Olivia and I kind of drift away from Geography after a while and start chatting about our lives. She lives near the grocery store I ran into Demi in, and is also graduating this year. 

The bell rings, meaning the class is over and we finally get to go home. "Are you going to Bennie's party this weekend?" She asks. I shake my head. "I don't think I've ever had an actual conversation with that guy." I say, laughing. "Oh, me neither, I'm pretty sure he never talks to women. But, his parents are out of town and I've seen some pictures of the booze he bought. It's gonna be a blast. You wanna go with me and some friends?" I ponder. It's been ages since I've gone to a party, and Olivia seems like a really nice person. 

"Hm, I gotta think about it. Do I know some of your friends?" I ask, as we grab our stuff to leave. "C'mon, it'll be fun. My friends are great." "Maybe, maybe." We pass Demi and her smile makes me forget where I am for a moment. "Bye girls, see you tomorrow." "Bye Demi!" Olivia says, and we walk out of the room together. 

"Does Ms Lovato teach you as well?" I ask, considering she just called her Demi. "No, she has just really helped me out with my English lit, and getting me back on schedule. She is such a sweetheart, I'm kind of in love with her." She says, grinning. I have to hold myself back from telling her the same thing. "She is really pretty." I say, it being the understatement of the year. 

"She is absolutely gorgeous. All the boys are drooling over her when she walks through the school. And girls too, honestly. I thought she was kidding when she told me she was gonna be the study group counselor." I chuckle. 

We get our stuff from our lockers and make our way to our cars. "Made up your mind about the party?" She asks, when we're near. "No, I'm still not sure yet, sorry." I say. "No worries, give me your phone, I'll put in my number and you can text me if you want to go. Alright?" I nod and put in my number. 

"Alright, see you around!" She gives me a hug and gets in her car as I need to walk to my car a little longer. She's super nice, I really wasn't expecting this study group to bring me this. And she's super pretty too. 

I get in my car and start driving home. It's about 6:30 PM now and I'm starving. When I get home, and check my phone, I see Olivia's contact still open. I feel a shift in my body and think, Fuck it. Why not. 

hi olivia, this is daisy. count me in for bennie's party. thx for the invite!! xx

- yay! c u saturday gorgeous ;)

-

comment & vote :)