Chapter Twenty-nine: The War

*Note: Expect that there typos and wrong grammars here*

-:-

"What is happening, Raiden?!"

Reiko exclaimed after the voice of Lyon disappeared from the skies. She was already panicking and she could feel the adrenaline rushing in her body.

"Raiden McPhall!"

Napatingin sila sa harapan nang may tumawag kay Raiden. Naguluhan sila nang makita nila si George na tumatakbo papalapit sakaniya.

"Your family is not safe right now!"

Even though he was panting so hard, he tried his best to deliver the words clearly to them.

"Wait! I'm confused! Why does Lyon wants to start a war with Raiden?"

Hindi masagot ni Raiden ang kaniyang kapatid dahil hanggang ngayon ay naririnig pa rin niya sa kaniyang tenga ang pagbabanta nito kanina. He can't believe that there will be a war between them. Bigla siyang nanlamig nang maalala niya ang kaniyang pamilya.

"You should now runaway. All of you. Hindi na kayo ligtas dito. We still have an hour." George warned them. He chose to sneak out of the palace so that he could help Raiden to get away from Lyon.

"Why did do you that?" Napalingon sila sa likod at nakita nila si Elora. Her eyes were dead serious as she stared at Raiden. Lumabas lamang siya pagkatapos niyang patahanin ang kanilang mga anak.

"Elora,"

Raiden started. From that time, he already knew that Elora read his mind. While she kept her serious face as she walked towards him.

"I just want to grant your wish of destroying the Tree of Life. I'm sorry if I caused trouble with our family." Raiden was already in the verge of crying but the tears stopped when Elora hugged him tightly.

Nalulungkot din si Elora sa magiging sitwasyon ng kanilang pamilya pero hindi rin niya maiwasang sisihin ang kaniyang sarili dahil siya ang dahilan kung bakit ito nangyayari. Kung bakit pumunta si Raiden para sabihin iyon kay Lyon.

"But believe me, I didn't destroy the Tree of Life. I was just here."

Elora slightly nodded as she caressed Raiden's back. While, George and Reiko looked at them with sympathy in their eyes. Humiwalay na sila Elora at Raiden sa pagkakayakap habang pinunasan ang mga luhang tumulo sakanilang mga mata.

"Raiden, let's go. We should now leave this world."

"I can't runaway, George. You heard Lyon, death will chase me."

It was hard for Raiden to say the word death for him dahil sa totoo lang ay ayaw niya pang mamatay. He still wanted to live for his family. While, Elora and Reiko bit their lips to stop themselves from making a loud sob.

"Does that man you'll fight him? But you can't, Raiden! He's too strong for you, plus the royal guards will also be involved in the war."

Raiden sighed deeply. Nakukuha nga niya ang nais iparating ni George. Gusto man niyang tumakbo at tumakas kasama ang pamilya niya ay alam niya na huli na ang lahat.

"Yes, George. I'll fight him with every strength and power that I got and besides I have something to destroy Lyon, also."

Natigilan silang lahat nang marinig nila iyon kay Raiden. He just remembered that he got the Prime Gem, the only thing that could seal Lyon's mystique. Elora read his mind at dahan-dahan din siyang napangisi. She leaned closer to him and held Raiden's hand

"He's right. Lyon is not aware that we have something which we can use against him."

Napakunot naman ang noo nila George at Reiko dahil hindi nila nakukuha ang ibig nilang sabihin.