Chapter One: Black Veins

*Note: Expect that there are typos and wrong grammars here*

-:-

Third Person's Pov:

Year 1945

"Mother, I'm going to the castle!"

A loud shout screeched inside a small old house. The house was a little bit antique compared to the others because it is made of concrete walls, floors, ceiling and roof. Four glass windows were imprinted, having those yellowish and rusty features. They have no electricity and plumber inside, but at least they have fireplace to provide light in their house during the night. The house of the McPhall was located at the Silver Street, one of the most smallest street in the Bahazar Kingdom next to Hallow Street.

"Are you going to meet your best friend again, Raiden McPhall?" Her mother asked. It has been her habit to call her children by their full names.

Viera McPhall is a sixty year old woman, having two children, one daughter and one son. She is married to a disabled man named Paul McPhall who is five years older than her. Both of them doesn't work anymore since they are already seniors so they would have received their income from the kingdom. Buti na lang at kaibigan ni Raiden ang anak ng hari kaya natatanggap nila ito ng bawat buwan.

"Yes, mother. I'm going to visit Lyon. I will never have the chance to meet him again when the school starts."

He answered as he sat on the wooden chair and started tying his shoe laces. When he was done, he got up and walked closer to his mother where her eyes are on him, like she was checking his body. But he was actually aware that Viera was using her x-ray vision to check Raiden's body.

"Mother, I won't bring any deadly weapons there, okay? I'm still fifteen."

He sighed. He wanted to stop her mother because he feels like Viera doesn't trust him, but he knew he can't do anything because their mother is the lawmaker of the family.

"I was just checking on you for your own safety." She strictly said. Raiden sighed once again that made her mother felt the urge to enlighten him. So she knelt in from of her son, not breaking her stare to him. Confusion plastered on Raiden's face.

"Look, I know Lyon is important to you because he was your first friend. But I'm just worried for your safety. Being in the castle is risky. Some will sabotage you and play dirty games with you. I'm just checking on you with my x-ray vision so that I could see if someone puts deadly weapons to your pockets. You know many people wants to drag us down since they knew that you're friend with the prince."

Her mother added that made Raiden realized that her mother's right and he was guilty since he thought of something bad about her mother. He pressed his lips and it slowly turned into a genuine smile.

"Thanks mother."

It was an enough reason for Viera to smile with the sweet melody of voice that came from Raiden. She was also thankful because finally her son fully understands her reason that she is just worried for the family. The blissful atmosphere between them was interrupted by a loud sound of stomping feet coming from the living room.

"I hate him! I hate him!"

Viera and Raiden turned their heads towards the voice, seeing Reiko McPhall with her brows knitted together and her mouth was mean. She was the older sister of Raiden and she is just two years older than him.

"What's wrong?" Tanong ng kanilang nanay pagkatapos itong tumayo at lumapit kay Reiko. She tried to reach for her hand but she pulled it away from her mother.

"Please mother, not now. I don't need some of your lame advices. Just don't talk to me. And you."

She retorted and then eyed her little brother with her index finger pointing at him. Raiden felt nervous the moment Reiko laid her eyes on him. It was a death glare, for sure.