Chapter Twenty: New King

*Note: Expect that there are typos and wrong grammars here*

-:-

"I need to help Lyon. He needs my help."

"That's bullshit, Raid—"

"Reiko, language."

Suway ni Viera sa kaniyang anak nang marinig niya itong nagmura. They are having their conversations about the favor that Lyon asked for Raiden. Wala nang nagawa si Raiden kundi tulungan din si Lyon dahil naaawa siya sakaniya. I know he doesn't need his pity, but he can't help to feel that way to him.

"Are you even thinking, Raiden? You're going to pretend to be the king, you're going to steal Lyon's identity!"

Reiko was really frustrated to her brother dahil hindi niya maisip kung bakit pumayag si Raiden sa alok ni Lyon. She doesn't even know why would Raiden pretend to be the king.

"Reiko, calm down. Please."

Pumagitna na si Viera at pinakalma si Reiko. Alam kasi niya na mauuwi lang sa away ang kanilang pag-uusap kaya pumagitna na siya sa dalawa.

"I will be the one to decide on this, since I'm your mother."

Sabi niya kay Reiko. Wala na siyang nagawa kundi ang bumuntong hininga at tumango sa sinabi ng kaniyang nanay. Viera then turned to his son, she smiled at him and caressed his cheek.

"I'm not going to stop you in helping Lyon, Raiden. I know Lyon is important to you, if that's what you want, then help him. But I want you to not forget us. We're not going to tell this to anyone, even Reiko. We'll keep this as a secret, but I just want you to come here every weekends, okay?"

Viera is aware that there's no use in protecting Raiden from the palace anymore, because he is now in his right age to make decisions. She doesn't want for Raiden to live his life full of regrets.

"Mom, ikaw din?!"

Reiko exclaimed because she can't believe that her mother will agree on Raiden. Iniisip lang din niya ang pakanan ni Raiden kaya hindi siya pumayag sa gusto nito. She wants Raiden to think of his self too at huwag lamang si Lyon, but what can she do if Raiden is really sure with his decision?

She just rolled her eyes and stormed outside of their living room. Napabuntong hininga na lamang ang mag-ina dahil sa inakto ni Reiko.

"Just understand your sister, Raiden."

"Naiintindihan ko naman si Reiko, mom. But I just want to help Lyon, he's very vulnerable right now."

Viera flashed a painful smile and slowly nodded. Naaawa rin siya para sa kalagayan ni Lyon dahil wala na siyang mga magulang ngayon. He lost them at the same year, time and day.

"Poor Lyon." Viera whispered as he caressed Raiden's back.

That late afternoon, pumunta na nga si Raiden papunta sa kaharian nila Lyon. He knows that after this, he will lose many things including the love of his life, Elora. Masakit man para sakaniya pero kailangan niyang tanggapin dahil ito ang pinili niya. He chose his best friend over Elora.

"Lyon is waiting for you in the balcony."

Nagulat siya nang makita niya si George. Ngayon lang niya kasi ito nakita ulit pagkatapos ng limang taon. Napansin ni Raiden ang pagtanda ng mukha ni George pero hindi pa rin nawawala ang kaniyang pagiging makisig. George Hilton has a very broad body with a skin color that is like a charcoal, but he was actually a good looking archimage.

"Are you okay?"

Natanong iyon ni Raiden dahil napansin niya ang paghabol ng hininga ni George.