Chapter IX

Jimin was silent the entire ride, scared of all the possible consequences he was going to face for sneaking out without prior information and staying out for so late. It was almost half past 3 in the morning and his butler was giving him an icy stare throughout the ride. Jimin didn't blame him though, coming from a reputed and important family meant leisure and just the same amount of threat. There were several enemies out there who would be ready to harm him for the mere sake of revenge or monetary benefits. This was exactly why Jimin had to be careful whenever he went anywhere. Another thing Jimin hated about being rich. Earlier, whenever he would go out partying, he would always inform Mr. Lee about his whereabouts and though the wise old man would permit him with just a verbal curfew, Jimin knew he would undoubtedly be followed for the entire evening by an undercover bodyguard.

Jimin found it funny how his butler thought Jimin would never notice, but he did. Jimin had rarely ever sneaked out before and whenever he did, he would always end up being caught. But the confrontation would usually happen at the mansion and never before, had Mr. Lee ever come all the way to the site to pick him up. Jimin knew if he was to be caught, there would just be another hidden bodyguard somewhere who would watch him till he got back home safe. This was also why he wasn't so worried about it being late in the night. But today seemed different. When the car finally came to a halt in front of their house, Jimin finally decided to break the ice.

"Mr. Lee, I'm really sorry okay. Please I hope you won't tell dad about this. I was just visiting a friend, see I'm not even drunk."

"Master Jimin, haven't I told you to inform me before you go anywhere. You have no idea how dangerous it is for you to go about on your own and you do know that I am responsible for your life right."

"I know Mr. Lee. I am grateful and awfully sorry. I promise it won't happen again but please don't tell dad." Jimin pleaded.

"Why would I tell Sir Mr. Park if he is the one I came to save you from." his butler gave him an odd look.

"What do you mean ?"

"Your father and Mrs. Park are leaving tomorrow for another business meeting in Tokyo master Jimin, and he told me that he would like to see you and master Jihyun before he left. This is exactly why I needed to make sure you were bak home before sir Mr. Park noticed your disappearance." Mr. Lee explained.

"You are so amazing Mr. Lee. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much. You are really the best of the best. But wait a minute, hyung is not going with dad. And Mrs. Park, eomma is back from her trip ?"

"Yes young master."

"Oh well, that's great I guess. Thank you so much Mr. Lee. I promise I won't do such a thing again. This time I really promise I won't."

Jimin smiled and carefully went back into his room thankful that he wasn't in too much of trouble. The next morning Jimin was surprised to see his entire family on the breakfast table. The last time they all ate together, Jimin couldn't even remember when that happened. He really loved his parents but he just hoped they weren't this busy all the time. It was like this since childhood, but Jimin still ended up feeling hurt and missing his family most of the time. This was also why he preferred the alcohol on weekends rather than an empty mansion. The breakfast was, normal, for the lack of a better word. They spoke about random things and Jimin's dad asked him about his studies to which Jimin proudly said they were going pretty well and that he had even gotten himself a tutor to understand better. Lies.

After his dad left with Jihyun hyung to give him instructions about stuffs that needed to be done in the office, it was just Jimin and his mother at the breakfast table. Jimin was having a nice time with his mom, until she brought up the dreaded subject of his tutor.