Chapter XXIV

For the time that he was there, Jimin just kept watching Jungkook's sleeping figure admiring the way his face shined in the moon light, so beautiful and innocent. Jimin kept patting Jungkook's head in a soothing way, roaming his hands through the soft strands of Jungkook's hair as if he was trying to memorise every detail of his lover that would suffice him for an entire lifetime. Jimin didn't know when he would be able to see Jungkook again, even if he did, he knew things between them wouldn't be the same. At least not like how they were before. It was the last time he was going to be besides Jungkook as his lover and the clock was ticking too fast. Time really does go fast when you're happy, isn't it ?

Just like that, it was already midnight and Jimin slowly, with a heavy heart, freed himself from Jungkook's embrace and dressed up. Jimin quickly wrote a note saying he had to go back with Mr. Lee before anyone found out and that he would meet him the next day in class. Just as he was about to exit, Jimin turned back around to look at Jungkook's unsuspecting sleeping figure for the last time, trying his best not to breakdown. Jimin's feet took him to his lover automatically where he whispered his last words to Jungkook, desperately trying to stop his tears.

"Jungkook... Jungkookie... I love you. Every single moment I spent with you... made me happy. Thank you... thank you so much for appearing in my life. I love you so much..." Jimin wiped away his tears with the back of his hands. "I am sorry Jungkook. I hope someday... you will forgive me."

With that, Jimin carefully placed a loving kiss on Jungkook's forehead and left the place without looking back even once. Mr. Lee was already waiting for him at the sidewalk, and he drove off as soon as Jimin sat inside. Once inside, Jimin started sobbing loudly, giving in to the terrible pain he was feeling in his chest. Mr. Lee could feel his own eyes watering at the sight of Jimin, whom he had been watching over ever since he was a little child. The state Jimin was in, broke his heart; and he could do nothing but be there as a support while Jimin suffered from the loss. Mr. Lee had accepted that from now on, his young master would never be the same old cheerful boy he once knew. He knew, that night, Jimin didn't only walk away from Jungkook... He walked away from himself. Jimin didn't just leave Jungkook behind, he left himself, his heart, there with Jungkook. And what came outside was a just a shell, devoid of any life.

Jimin didn't sleep the entire night and the next day he dragged his body to college to make sure his father had kept the part of his deal. He wanted to avoid Jungkook at all costs but even if he did encounter him, Jimin knew what he had to do. After his butler dropped him off, Jimin made a beeline to the head teacher, Mr. Choi's office and knocked before going in.

"Come in." Mr. Choi said surprised to see Jimin standing there. "Oh Mr. Park. I suppose you are here to say goodbye I guess."

"What ?" Jimin knew deep down this was going to happen. "What do you mean professor ?"

"Didn't your father inform you ? He said he would like you to be homeschooled again for the upcoming SATs and so you are no longer a student here." Mr. Choi said.

Jimin just let out a humourless laugh knowing his father would do something like this.

"No, professor. He didn't inform me about it." Jimin said, sounding emotionless. "What I was here for actually, was to know about the scholarship. The one the school board suddenly decided to scrap." Jimin asked bluntly.

"Oh well about that. I just received a phone call this morning saying that your father convinced the board members to not do so. In fact, he's added even more benefits to it. Not long ago I gave this good news to Jungkook. He seemed too happy and honestly it makes me happy too-" Mr. Choi had started to babble with genuine happiness reflecting on his face.

"Goodbye, Mr. Choi. Thank you so much, for everything. Really, it was a pleasure being a student here." Jimin abruptly cut the professor off and walked out with the same blank face.