Chapter III

"You're failing almost all sections of the test, Jimin."

Those words hit Jimin like a ton of bricks. Mr. Cheon, his head teacher, had pulled him aside after the test was done. Jin hyung somehow managed to pass the test and had already been sent outside the test room with his schedule. While on the other hand, Jimin had fared pretty bad and was getting 'The talk' from the head teacher. Jimin knew he was going to perform bad, but he didn't think he would fail all the sections. Its not that Jimin hated studying, its just that he didn't seem to measure things well. He didn't mean to have 16 of his teachers quit their jobs, he also didn't mean to cause so much trouble to them. It just..... happened. And now Jimin has to face the wrath of his father and the possibility of having classes on weekends.

"So what now Mr. Cheon ?" Jimin asked in a timid voice.

"I'm afraid I will have to speak to your father and then sign you up for some extra classes."

"Mr. Cheon please, there must be some other way to make up for it. Please I wasn't even mentally prepared for the test. You can't do this to me. Atleast give me a chance." Jimin batted his eyes and used the most effective puppy-dog eyes. He knew this would work somehow, it always does.

"My hands are tied Jimin. Your grades aren't that good to let you start with normal classes." Mr. Cheon sighed.

'That's it.' Jimin thought in a panic when even his puppy-dog eyes didn't have any effect. 'I have to do it' he said to himself. Jimin got down on his knees and begged. What dignity he had left was already gone.

"Mr. Cheon please. Please ! Please ! Please ! There has to be a way. My entire life will revolve around studying and working hard if I just get one more chance."

Mr. Cheon was shocked to see Jimin practically begging like this and felt pity for the young boy. He thought for a while and then answered,

"Well... there is something... But it's a very difficult task."

Jimin's eyes widened in anticipation and he immediately shouted, showing no hesitation at all.

"I'll do it !"

"The chances of you succeeding in the task are slim to none, Mr. Park. If, and that's a big if, you succeed, I will let you join in with the normal curriculum without speaking to your father."

"Okay. I know I can do it sir. What is it ?" Jimin jumped in relief. He was beginning to like Mr. Cheon already.

"You will have to find yourself a tutor who would be willing to teach you so that you don't struggle with your subjects. Believe me it will in your best interests."

Jimin stilled in his place. Of course it wouldn't be that easy. No matter what, teachers were all the same. Jimin almost thought they revelled in making a mess out of the students' lives. But nevertheless anything right now sounded better than a scolding from his father and boring weekend classes. So he squeezed his eyes shut briefly before turning to his teacher with a smile.

"I understand Mr. Cheon and I'm thankful that you decided to help me. But there is a slight problem sir. I don't really know anyone here so I don't think getting a tutor would be a good idea. I can figure something else."

Jimin spoke as sweetly as possible. The last thing Jimin needed was a tutor. Another person to tell him he was doing it wrong a thousand times or someone who would do the work for him while he learned nothing. It had been the same way with his homeschool teachers in the past and honestly Jimin had had enough of such nonsense. Frankly he had grown to hate it.

"In that case, I think I have just the person to help you with this." He picked up a pen. "This young man is the only person in the history of this school to be the best in all the subjects at once." He scribbled something down on a piece of paper. "And he doesn't even need to prepare for any of the tests. That should tell you something."