XXIV

Jimin woke up the next morning as the bright autumn morning sun shone into the room. He squinted in the harsh light and attempted to move, but a pair of strong arms were holding him close and that's when Jimin remembered where he was.  Jimin smiled to himself and pressed his face into Jungkook's chest as he turned to face him. Jungkook began to move and shift, a low groan rumbling from his throat as he opened his eyes. The split-second of confusion that flashed across his face as his eyes focused on Jimin was priceless, but once he took in the sight of Jimin, his face softened. Jungkook ran a hand down Jimin's arm, his fingers warm and electric as he touched him, and Jimin smiled again, never wanting to leave the warm embrace.

"Good morning." Jungkook said, his voice raspy and deep as he traced Jimin's collarbones.

Jimin smiled and nodded, unable to say anything aloud. Jungkook got up into a sitting position and ran a hand through his hair, and Jimin watched his chest expand as he sighed heavily and reached for his shirt. Jimin sat up too, resting his head on his hands as he watched him, trying to memorise every little detail he could. Jungkook turned to look at Jimin as he put on his shirt.

"I love your bedhead." Jungkook said all of a sudden, ruining Jimin's pleasant mood.

Jimin frowned. "I'm sorry what !"

Jungkook shook his head. "Are you alright ?"

The words shook Jimin and he wasn't sure why. After all that had happened last night, Jimin wondered why that would catch him off guard. Jimin leaned towards Jungkook, and the newfound comfort between them made him feel completely at ease.

"I... I'm fine. Just... a little sore in weird places." Jimin managed to blurt.

"Jimin I... I'm sorry. I should've held back it's just... I don't know how I... I'm really so-" A feeling of extreme guilt hit Jungkook so much that he failed to notice the wide mischievous grin on Jimin's face.

As Jungkook continued to wallow in self pity, Jimin burst out into a laughing fit leaving Jungkook with an expression, similar to that of a fish out of water.

"Seriously Jungkookssi, you're just so innocent and cute. A real nerd I would say." Jimin managed to say in between his laughs.

"You ! Park Jimin seriously ? Right now, I don't know if I want to kiss you or throw you off a bridge." Jungkook said in disbelief.

"Can I pick ? Come on Jungkook you have to admit that when it comes to flirting, I'm way better than you. I have all the experiences after all." Jimin laughed as he dressed and tried to get out of bed only to be stopped by Jungkook.

"Ha ha. And where do you think you're going ?" Jungkook asked.

"To get my nerd boyfriend some breakfast in bed." Jimin said like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"From where ? And how ?" Jungkook asked genuinely worried.

"From the kitchen. Cooking myself." Jimin said nonchalantly.

Now there was this one thing about Jimin that came as a curse for everyone whom Jimin loved. And that was Jimin loved to cook for his dear ones. Everyone including Jimin's parents, siblings and even Jin had gone through the trauma of tasting the horror that Jimin called cooking. And now, as a matter of fact, Jungkook was not going to be any exception either. Having tasted the chicken soup Jimin prepared when he was having a fever Jungkook new better than to let his boyfriend cook for him ever again. So Jungkook dressed in record speed and followed suit behind Jimin towards his kitchen.

"Ah... Jimin ! You really don't have to make me any breakfast you know. Why don't we do this; you go sit there looking all pretty and I'll fix you something to eat. Okay ?" Jungkook tried to be as gentle as possible.