Mr. And Mrs. Dixit!

Finally, Sona had gone from being Ms. Sonakshi Bijoy Bose to Mrs. Sonakshi Dev Dixit. The overwhelming happiness that Dev felt was unmatched for; from that day onwards till death do them part, Sonakshi would carry his name. Sonakshi was happy too; for she had Dev and everything else a girl could ever wish for! DevAkshi had identical smiles - that of pure bliss - on their faces; and their smiles were contagious, which had the guests smiling too.

After the wedding was over, many guests greeted DevAkshi and congratulated them and also wished the newlyweds good luck in their marital life! Post a long 'meet and greet' session with the guests, DevAkshi and fam proceeded to the banquet hall to have their food. Dev and Sona were made to feed each other a morsel of sweet dish; to which the duo had no choice but to comply!

Post-wedding, DevAkshi was to stay at the Hotel itself; where there was a reception being hosted for extended family and friends as well as the crème de la crème of Mumbai. After the reception they were to leave for the Dixit Mansion; where Sonakshi's Grih Pravesh was to take place.
The new bride is not supposed to leave the house for a day after her Grih Pravesh and thus the arrangements for DevAkshi to stay back were made.

After they had their meals, DevAkshi was escorted to the suite they were to stay and rest at, before the grand reception, that evening; and they were escorted by none other than the deadly gang consisting of Soumya, Nia, Shriya, Vihaan, and Harsh! Uh oh!
However, to DevAkshi's surprise and much to their relief, there was no teasing from either of the five devil incarnations; only sincere smiles. The five of them, let DevAkshi into the suite and left saying something along the lines of 'See you in the evening' 'Have fun' and 'Enjoy'! "Weird!!", DevAkshi said in unison and after a moment of silence, laughed! The best part of their relationship was no awkwardness whatsoever and Sonakshi was grateful that, that had not changed; even if their relationship status had!

"C'mere..", Dev said to Sona, opening his arms and she did what he wanted - hugged him. "You look mesmerizing, Mrs. Dixit! I love you so much!", Dev said huskily, which caused Sona to go weak in her knees and she blushed at her new name. Feeling bold, she crept a hand up her husband's chest and snaking it around his neck, said, "You look nothing less Mr. Dixit! And I love you too!!"; and pecked Dev's lips; which turned into a passionate kiss. Breaking apart, Dev rested his forehead against his wife's and hugged her again to which she lovingly reciprocated. "Let's get changed and rest for a while?", Sona suggested Dev, still in his hold. "Yep!", Dev replied, letting go of her. They had been informed that their spare clothes and the ones they would have to wear for the reception were kept in the wardrobe...so Sona just went and pulled out Dev's and her clothes. But wait...there was a tee and shorts? Not that she minded wearing them, but wasn't she supposed to dress up because of her newlywed status? Finding his wife lost in her thoughts, Dev asked her, "Sona? All okay?" "Somebody packed my shorts and t-shirt!", Sona replied, hesitantly. "So?", Dev asked, confused. "Dev, we just got married. How can I wear shorts; am I not supposed to wear traditional clothes?", Sona answered. Understanding her dilemma, Dev pulled her by the waist and bringing her closer, said, "Sona, you can wear whatever you wish to. Just because we are married doesn't mean that you have to change. Plus, do you think any of our family members would object? Nah! Jo freedom aur independence Soumya aur ghar mein baki sabko hain, woh tumhe bhi hain...kyunki you are family! We are a family! Oukaye!?" Sona mentally face-palmed herself and cutely bobbed her head in affirmation; making Dev pull her cheeks. How cute was his wife! He then left to get changed in another room, taking his track pants and a tee.

Sona begin with the painstaking task of getting the pins which held her up-do in place, out of her hair, and also carefully wiping off the make-up. Once done, she stepped out of her wedding lehenga and pulled on her denim shorts and dark grey t-shirt. She had removed all her jewelry, except for her mangalsutra, engagement ring, sindoor (I know it's not jewelry, but still...), and the Shaka Paula (bangles worn by a Bengali bride). She quickly washed her face and pat-dried it. Just then Dev entered the room, not before knocking, in his black tracks and a white shirt, that hung perfectly over his well-chiseled body. Sona was lost in combing her hair when she felt two strong hands wrap around her; and as if in response to Dev's touch, her heartbeat accelerated. Dev smiled smugly at the effect he had on her; just like she did on him. When Sona looked at Dev through the mirror, she had a serene smile on her face, an expression Dev mirrored. "I love you!", she whispered; to which Dev replied, "I love you more!"
The two made their way to the king-sized bed and lay down, cuddling. Both dozed off unknowingly; the tiredness of the past few days taking over. This was possibly the best sleep they had in the past three days; when they had seen each other last!