Yeh Dooriyan!

'DevAkshi's weekend trip to Alibaug was a romantic affair for the duo, where they made lots of memories together and captured as many selfies to keep them sane till Dev was gone. The journey back home was a silent affair, with both stealing glances at each other as if memorizing each other's faces, holding hands at the gear and light pecks on the lips in between.

The days following their return from Alibaug were pretty busy and stressful for Dev, who had to go through all his departure formalities, to make sure there were no mistakes and also take care of the work that lay in front of him. Anant felt extremely proud of his son, seeing him work hard efficiently and effectively. Dev and​ him would discuss the strategy for the problem at the London office, over home-made lunch. Dev rarely got some time for Sona. He felt sorry about it, but he was helpless. However, he made sure that he wished her 'Good Night' and 'Good Morning', without fail, as it was their routine​, and they both did not want to be disrupted!

A long and hectic week later, it was time for Dev to take off to London. His flight was scheduled late at night and along with his family, the Malhotras, and Boses were going to see him off. Sona felt heavy at the thought of him leaving, but putting up a fake smile, went to see him off.
When the Boses reached at the airport terminal; from where Dev's flight was scheduled; she spotted the​ Dixits and the Malhotras chatting amongst themselves. Dev was the first one to notice the Boses make their way to them and rush to greet his dearest parents-in-law. Dev was about to bend down to touch their feet and seek their blessings when Asha and Bijoy pulled him in a hug instead. "God bless you, Son! All the best! Come back soon; we'll miss you!", they said to Dev. "Thank you Maa-Baba! I am going to miss you all too!", Dev replied, reciprocating their hug and said the last part looking intensely at Sona, who refused to meet his gaze.

All the while she did not spare even a glance at him, let alone talk to him! As his time of departure neared, their family, after wishing him a happy journey and wishing him luck, stealthily moved from there, leaving only Sona behind with Dev; as they understood how much Dev wanted to spend some lone time with Sonakshi, before finally leaving and also how only Dev could manage to cheer up a visibly sad Sona! When everyone was out of their sight, Dev softly tugged at her hands and pulled her closer to him. Desperately waiting for her to look at him, he said, "Hey!" "Hi!", Sona replied, still looking at anywhere but him. Having left with no other option than to make her look at him and talk, Dev titled Sona's face upwards, with his index finger. As she finally looked at him, Dev could see her eyes beginning to glisten. Cupping her face in his hands and caressing her cheeks with his thumbs, Dev said, "Hey hey! Don't cry, please! Don't make it more difficult for me than it already is!! You are my strong Sona, haina? You had promised me that you wouldn't cry or be sad while seeing me off! And we will be in touch, every hour of the day...regardless of the time difference! And I will come back to you, as soon as my work's done! I promise! So like the good girl that you are, stop crying. Please? For me?" He requested her in the cutest way possible. When he requested her to be happy for him, she bobbed her head in affirmation, as if she were a kid and Dev chuckled in response! "I am going to miss you Dev!", she said, wrapping her arms around his waist, laying her head on his chest. Dev too, enveloped her in his warmth, feeling content; and preserving it as a memory for the time apart. The announcement was made for Dev's flight and before actually leaving, Dev softly kissed Sona on her lips and she too kissed him back; both of them not caring if the people around were looking at them or not! Even though she found it super hard, she let him go; with a small smile plastered on her face, her eyes conveying different emotions; that of sorrow and longing; altogether! Dev sighed sadly as he too felt like he was leaving a part of him behind; which he was, that in her! He disappeared among the crowd after looking back at her and blowing her a flying kiss; that still managed to make her blush, amidst the misery she felt! And when Dev entirely was out of Sona's sight, did she finally let her tears flow down her cheeks, leaving a mark; when she was hugged sideways by someone who was equally sad as her due to Dev's departure - Soumya! The two ladies hugged each other as if their life depended on it and wept silently; missing Dev already! Their families too, were misty-eyed, on witnessing Sona and Soumya's state. After consoling each other and also their selves, the sisters-in-law parted ways; and the families made their way to their respective abodes.