Office Visit

That night (the night of Sona's results), Asha prepared Sona's favorite Bengali sweet rasgullas, to celebrate her success! All this while, Sona's mind kept wandering to Dev and his sweet gesture. An idea clicked her mind and glancing at the clock that said 10.30 p.m., she picked up her phone and messaged Dev.

Sona: Awake?
Dev had just been back from having a shower when his phone beeped. He changed into his nightwear and checked his phone. A smile instantly appeared on his face on seeing the name of the sender - Sona's. He replied -
Dev: Yes! What's up?

Sonakshi was waiting for Dev's reply and no sooner did she get one, than she immediately called him up. "Hey Sona, is everything okay?", asked Dev. "Hi Dev, yes, all great! Umm Dev...", Sonakshi replied somewhat shy and hesitant. "You remember our no hesitance rule, don't you? Then please tell me what is it!", Dev said. "Could we meet up?", Sonakshi asked. "Now?", Dev asked in a surprised tone. "Yessssss, if you don't mind", replied Sona in an excited tone. "Okaye...let everyone fall fast asleep and then I will come to pick you up!", Dev said and Sonakshi replied in an affirmative.
Less than half an hour later, she got a text from Dev.

Dev: Everyone at home has dozed off! What is the situation at yours like?! 🤓
After receiving the message, Sona checked on her parents as well and making sure that they too were fast asleep, she reverted to Dev's message;
Sona: Maa-Baba are fast asleep. Text me when you are downstairs. I am waiting! 😌

A while later, Dev informed her of his arrival, and like on the previous occasion, Sona sneaked out of her house stealthily. Taking the elevator, she reached the porch and almost ran to Dev's car. Grinning widely, she closed the car door with a light thud. Her infectious smile got Dev smiling too. She hugged him and planted a kiss on his cheek, once she was settled in the car. Dev was zapped, as the feeling of her soft lips on his stubbled cheek invoked something novel in him! He felt an unknown sensation throughout his body, that too because of a mere cheek kiss!
Sona sat straight, back on her seat smirking (and blushing simultaneously), leaving a much dazed Dev, still wide-eyed.
Regaining his composure, Dev asked Sona, "Where to, Miss?" "Juhu Beach!?", exclaimed an ebullient Sona. "Okaye then! Juhu Beach it is!", replied Dev, smiling at his lovely fiancée's enthusiasm. "Thank you, Dev! I know you are too sweet to accept it, but still...thank you so much for being there this morning! Thank you for everything! And sorry for lashing out at you!" Sona said, and smiled sheepishly at the last part! He looked at her and smiled, letting her know that it was okay, and making her blush as well. "By the way, Sona...kal Dad ne tumhe office aane ke liye kaha hain! (Dad has asked you to visit the office tomorrow!)", Dev informed Sona. "Why?", asked Sonakshi; to which Dev replied, "He wants to meet you and congratulate you on your success and also introduce you to the office staff!", and chuckled remembering something! "What? Kya hua? Why are you smiling like this?", asked Sona. "Dad had the most nervous expression when I told him about your results' debacle and when I informed him that you had aced, he broke out into a victory dance and said, "'She is my daughter and a Dixit after all!' I can't explain the extent of his happiness in words.", Dev informed her, and Sona's eyes moistened at it. She could not have been any more happier and content than she already was.
Holding hands at the gear, Dev drove them off to the Silver Beach (Juhu Beach) listening to old melodies on the radio; letting the bliss and sense of togetherness sink in!

They walked hand-in-hand along the beach, the soft and cold sand soothing them. There were a few more couples too as the beach was a haven for late-night couples' outings, but somehow less crowded than the Marine Drive. After walking for a while, both settled down on the soft sand. With Dev's arm wrapped around Sona's shoulder, and her head on his shoulder, and a hand around his waist, their free hands entwined, they looked picture perfect...rather, they were picture perfect.