Celebrations And More

When Sona was away at Dev's office, Asha, Ishwari and Anjali along with Soumya were planning to throw a surprise success party for Sona. The men were on the plan too. Ishwari had informed the other two ladies that it had been Dev, who had suggested that idea to her, making the others smile at his thoughtfulness for Sonakshi. She narrated Dev's plan to them - a small celebration with all the family members and only the closest of friends and associates of Bijoy, Raj and Anant in attendance. The party was to be held at the Dixit Mansion. Ishwari told Asha and Anjali that Dev had specifically asked her (Ishwari) to keep the decorations minimal as per Sona's preferences and dish out her favourite cuisine.

The guests had been sent an invitation already. The preps for the party were in full swing at the Dixit Mansion, with Ishwari and Soumya supervising everything to the nook. Asha and Bijoy along with Dev had chosen a special outfit for Sonakshi; surprising his family and also the Malhotras; since Dev had been a shopping hater all his life. But as they say that marital union changes people and Dev (and Sonakshi as well) were no exception to the statement. They were changing for the better (perhaps they were changing for the best.
Sonakshi was on cloud nine ever since her visit to Dev's office. She was all smiles and her parents could not be happier.
Dev requested Asha and Bijoy to gift the dress on his behalf and also handed them the responsibility to bring her to the party; as he knew that Sona could never say no to her parents!
As had been decided, Bijoy and Asha decided to talk to Sona that night post-dinner. So, after the three of them had their dinner with oodles of family banter; and the cleaning up of the dining table and kitchen; Asha and Bijoy found themselves at the door of Sona's bedroom. On finding her door open and Sona seated by the window reading a novel, with her reading glasses on, Asha and Bijoy entered in, clearing their throats to grab Sona's attention. "Arre Maa-Baba, aap dono! Waha darwaze pe kyun khade hain, andar aaiye na!", Sona said to her parents; removing her glasses and keeping them along with the book on her study table; and sat with her parents on her bed. "How are you, Baccha? You are happy with this relation na!?", Asha asked in a concerned tone; her motherly instincts taking over; caressing Sona's (who was lying down with her head on her Maa's lap) hair. Sona held her hand and also her Baba's hand and kissing their hands said, "Maa-Baba I am very very happy! I have yours', Mom and Dad's (Ishwari and Anant), Daadi, Anjali Maasi and Raj Uncle's blessings; a wonderful life partner in Dev; and a dear friend and sister in Soumya; and the rest of the Malhotra kids; I will always, always be happy!" For the umpteenth time, Asha and Bijoy sent prayers of gratitude to the heavens and above for keeping their beloved and precious daughter happy! To lighten the emotional atmosphere, Bijoy said, "Okay, now close your eyes! We have a surprise for you!" As soon as Sona heard the word surprise, she sat upright and looked at her parents with a glint of excitement in her eyes and squealed, "Surprise!! Kya hain?" "Ah aise nahi! Aankhen band karo aur haath aage karo! And no cheating haan!",  said and Sona, like an obedient kid, shut her eye's tightly and forwarded her hands! Asha and Bijoy kept the bag that contained the dress Dev had himself selected for her and kept it on her hands! "Open your eyes!" And boom, Sona immediately opened her eyes! She excitedly opened the bag and the package! Her eyes twinkled with happiness and admiration, as she took out the dress that her parents had gifted her on Dev's behalf! That look was enough for her parents to know that she had absolutely loved the gift!
It was a simple yet elegant Anarkali dress; with pink bodice and a net-ish neckline and an off-white dupatta with pink floral design on it! "Thank you sooo much for this beautiful, beautiful dress Maa-Baba! I really love it! Absolutely!", Sona exclaimed; much to the joy of her parents! "Par, yeh hai kiske liye!?", Sona asked her parents after a moment of realization! "It's a gift for your success Shona! And you can also wear to the function we are supposed to attend the day after!", Asha said; approaching the topic of the party as smoothly as she could! "What function?", asked Sonakshi, scrunching her eyebrows in confusion. "There's a function at my friends!", Bijoy quipped in, handling the situation. "Oh ok!", Sona replied, getting easily convinced; as Dev had predicted. She caught up with her Maa-Baba, making up for the lost time and left after sensing Sonakshi's drowsiness.
The days leading up to the party passed away in a jiffy. Sona had believed in the excuse that Bijoy had cooked up to get her to the surprise success party that had been meticulously planned for her by Dev; with the help of his family, of course!