Tender Care And Love!

One moment; the moment of truth; can change your life...in a good way or bad! But for Dev and DevAkshi's family, that changed things for the best! Sonakshi, even if still not conscious, was out of danger; she was okay and was going to do great; and that itself made the family rejoice. The happiness they all felt that moment as the Doctor had announced Sona's well-being to them was fleeting. Their prayers were answered, finally!

Another ​couple of hours before Sona would wake up, is what the Doctor had informed them of and it happened just exactly. Sona was gaining back her consciousness. Every single person breathed out a sigh of relief. The doctor and nurses rushed as Sona began to wake up.
A minute after he had entered Sona's ward, the doctor came out and called for Dev. Dev looked up at him from his seat​, confusion etched on his face. "Sonakshi has been calling out your name. Go meet your girl!", said the doctor. Dev's happiness knew no bounds; learning Sona calling for him, even in a semi-conscious state. He looked at Asha and Bijoy as if seeking their permission to go in, before them. As always, they were touched by his respect for them and instantly asked him to go enter Sona's ward.

Dev's heartbeats​ rose as he entered the ward (that seemed more like a luxury one), and there she was - his Sonakshi - awake; and looking much, much, much better than she did moments after she had met with the accident. Even the thought of it gave him chills and the hair at the back of his neck rose. Dev instantly closed his eyes, as if wanting to shut off the horrendous images of Sona's accident and concentrate on her waking up.
The world seemed to have ceased to exist for DevAkshi, as their eyes met and unspoken words and unknown emotions oozed out! Sona, albeit weak, smiled heartily at Dev who was proceeding towards her. Everything around them began to fade and DevAkshi could see only each other!
Sona could easily fathom Dev's agony at witnessing her in that very condition, so she slowly called him out, "Dev!" And that was Dev's undoing, as he dragged his feet faster towards her bed and immediately caressed her face and hair, ever-so-lovingly; the tears brimming in his eyes and Sona's too, seeing him that vulnerable. They sought home; that was each other's embrace; and initiating it, Dev wrapped his arms around Sona (very carefully, to not tease her injuries); finally believing her actual presence.
Sona felt her shoulder wet and was about to say something to Dev; but before she could utter a word the rest of their family, had been ushered in by the doctor​. Relief clouded their eyes on watching Sona doing good! She was been cocooned by each of the family members, turn by turn. Amidst it all, Sona's eyes searched for Dev's; who refused to see her in the eye, thinking he would break down and that would hurt her.

\But​ she was also Sonakshi Bose after all! How could she let him off like that? When everyone was leaving, Dev was hoping to sneak off too, but​ Sona caught him just in time and held him back. Understanding that Dev and Sona needed to talk, the rest of the family members left them to themselves.

Dev still did not meet Sona's gaze and Sona had no option but to make him do so. So to garner his attention, Sona tried getting up from the bed and moving towards Dev, when she felt a sudden pain in her body and immediately let out a cry of pain! Dev went pale as he heard Sona and a flash of her scream when she was hit, occurred to him; and before she could lose her balance and fall, Dev firmly held her, making her lie back down. "Are you insane Sona!? Agar wapas kuch ho jata toh!?" Holding his face between in palms, Sona replied, "But nothing did, right? I am fine Dev!", and continued further, "But it's you who I am worried about! Please don't hold yourself back! Please please please, tell just let go of whatever is bottled up inside you! And don't you dare lie about it!" And when Dev finally looked into her orbs, his own pooled with tears and finally letting down his pretences, he engulfed Sona in a tight hug and cried his heart out! "J-Jab tu-tumhe uss hal-halat mein dekha toh aise laga ki main ap-apna sab, sab kuch kh-kho dunga; kyunki tum mera sab kuch ho! Mein bohot darr gaya tha Sonakshi...sab ki soch se bahar darr gaya tha main! Meri saasein ruk gayi thi aur ek pal ke liye aise lag raha tha jaise ki main sab kho dunga! Tumhe kho dunga! Jab doctors ne bataya ki you only have few hours to wake or you might slip into a coma or it could be fatal, my world came crashing down! Please Sona, please promise that you will never scare any one of us like this henceforth; please promise me that!", and cried a bit more! "Shushhhh Dev, please stop crying! I promise I will take better care of myself, but you don't cry...please?" Sona pleaded Dev, herself being teary-eyed. Dev broke the hug and looked at Sona. She wiped his tears and he did the same to her.
As they were drowning in each other's orbs, Sona whispered, "Kiss me!" "Huh!?", Dev said, confused. Giggling at his dazed state; which was pure melody to his ears; Sona answered, "Kiss me, Dev!" A smile graced Dev's lips and he tenderly placed his lips on Sona's, sealing them with a soft, loving kiss! His smile widened as he remembered his realization of his love for her!
How badly did he want to profess his feelings to her; he wanted it to be an outstanding proposal and also her recovery was his number one priority; so Dev decided to wait for Sona to be in the best of shape.
Dev then made Sona lie down on her back again and pulled the bedsheet over. Adjusting the AC temperature according to her preference, he pulled the chair close to her bed; for him to sit in; and just then, Sona stopped him by holding his hand and said, "Lie beside me Dev!? The chair looks uncomfortable for a good night's sleep and you know that I sleep better when in your arms!" Her confession made him smile and he did as she'd asked him to. Dev carefully slipped onto the bed and held Sona close to him. Dev finally felt at peace and so did Sonakshi.