Engaged

The following three days after everyone in the family had arrived, passed by in the blink of an eye. The engagement hustle-bustle multiplied tenfold as last-minute improvisations and checks were being done. Being the two doting souls, DevAkshi had been eager to help their family in any way they could, only to be put off by the elders and their cousins. All they were allowed to do was put forth their wishes and also consider them fulfilled.

On the morning of the engagement, Soumya had made Sona go to a spa and salon to rejuvenate herself. Sona was against this but gave up on realizing Soumya's stubborn nature and that she stood no ground against the little monster.

Once she was at the spa, she decided to let go of her apprehensions and relax and enjoy herself. For the first time, she wanted to look beautiful for a certain someone...for Dev.

Sonakshi shared a special bond with everyone in Dev's family! His mom shared a mother-daughter relationship; with his dad, she shared a highly respected but slowly budding one; Soumya and she got along like a house on fire. And as far as Dev was concerned, they both were taking the journey from being strangers to friends (and then to soulmates in love), one baby step at a time. They both wanted to take each day as it came, but together! They had developed a not-so-surprisingly amazing friendship, sans any awkwardness. If they thought of something that would put them in an awkward situation, they would just talk it out without any apprehensions. Dev too shared a great rapport with Sona's parents. Both their families were extremely happy with their growing friendship. Dev's parents were surprised to see Dev get along so well with someone outside their family but were happy nonetheless.

After a four-hour-long spa and salon treatment, Sonakshi went back to her house. She indeed looked rejuvenated and the massage had worked wonders for she felt relaxed. She quickly had her lunch and retired to her room to get some beauty sleep, as instructed by Asha.

The engagement ceremony was to begin at 06:45 p.m. The best venue was chosen for the event. The place was decorated in the most beautiful, simple yet elegant way, with purple and white orchids; with the best cuisine, the caterers had to offer, put out for the guests.

It was a little before four that Asha woke Sona up, as she had to get ready before the make-up artist and the hair stylist would arrive to work their magic on her.
Sonakshi had a really quick shower and then got dressed in the beautiful Lehenga that they had selected. She began putting on her jewelry when a knock on the door got her attention. There stood Nia and Shriya along with the make-up and hair stylists. "Bhaabi, Di, you two are looking so pretty. Jiju and Bhai are going to have a hard time controlling themselves. Haha!", Sona teased them, to which they both blushed real bad. And Sona was chuckling at their expense. The two ladies held both her ears and giving it a slight twist said in chorus, "Achha? Humse shaitani? Abhi batate hain." Sona let out a small yelp and both of them released her ears. "By the way Choti, you are looking no less haan. I mean abhi make-up ke pehle hi you are looking beautiful. Make up ke baad toh aur bhi zyada pyaari lagegi. Phir Dev ka toh pata nahi! Woh toh pakka clean bowled ho jayega!", it was Nia's turn to smirk and Sona's to blush now.

Nia and Shriya then moved aside and paved the way for the make-up artist and the hair stylists to take their place and begin getting Sona ready. Sonakshi was not allowed to see herself in the mirror before she had been completely decked up. So she closed her eyes and soon drifted in and out of a power nap.

(A/N: Sona has her priorities - that of sleep - sorted! 😝)

According to Sona's preferences, her make-up was to be kept minimal and her hair was to be tied in a simple yet elegant hairdo, which would have her hair let loose, with delicate braids on her temple; since she liked it that way.

On the other hand, Dev too had gotten ready - into his Sherwani, looking dashing and breathtaking as always. He did not know why, but he was quite eager and restless to meet Sona. All this was noticed by his Daadi and the devil in the disguise of his sister, Soumya. "Bhai relax. Itna mat restless hoiye. Sabra kariye...sabra ka phal meetha hota hain.", Soumya chimed, teasing him, to which, instead of running behind her, he blushed. "Aww, you are blushing!", exclaimed Daadi and Soumya together, making him go redder than he already was. So he just walked off...rather ran off, pretending to remember something important. Daadi and Soumya laughed heartily at his reaction and hi-fied each other.
Ishwari and Anant, who were walking down the stairs, saw Dev run up to his room and also saw Daadi and Soumya laugh at his retreating figure. Confused, Ishwari asked Gayatri, "Maa, kya hua? Yeh Dev aise bhagte bhagte apne room mein kyun gaya? Aur aap dono kis baat pe hass rahe ho?" Soumya then narrated the scene to Ishwari and Anant, who too chuckled lightly at Dev. Dev who was standing near his bedroom's door witnessed his family all happy and prayed to the Almighty to keep them all this way.