Amulets: Jem's story

I woke up and I swear I remembered falling asleep on the bed...because my upper half of my body was on the ground and my head was flat on the floor, and my bottom half was barely on the bed. I got up and looked at Jem. She was sleeping like a...I don't even know how to describe how she was sleeping. She was snoring, her right leg was in the air, the left leg was where I was supposedly laying at last night, and her arm is all on my pillow. What the heck is this?! She's even drooling. Ugh. I left for a while and to bring us both some breakfast. They had eggs, pancakes, waffles, grits, bacon, sausage, and hash browns, and more! I couldn't help myself from getting a big portion of everything and put it in our plates. I came back to the room and it was tidy. Jem came out the female's bathroom/ bathing area and she looked refreshed and clean.

"Oh you brought back some food! Man I'm starving," she said getting the food and eating it on my bed. I sat down on the floor and started eating my food with her. There was a long period of silence.

"So, Jem...I told you about myself and everything. So I was wondering if you can tell me about yourself? Especially where you learned to handle such a weapon like that," I pointed to her sword that was concealed in her giant hoodie. She looked at me and then at her food. A few minutes passed. I could tell she was a little uncomfortable with the question I asked. "I'm sor-"

"My family is the Dorigo's. Yes, seeing how that expression on your face looks, even Mherats know who we are...no offense. We are the founders of the Cillerence Tech Manufacturer company. Known as CTM. We have miners all over the Archipelago, and also, we have companies everywhere to make things like this glass the train have in the dining area. Then Talckerpec came and took over. They destroyed all of our companies, except one. It's the head of CTM, where my father works at to watch over everything. Master Krax went there personally to kill most if the workers there, and his minions killed everyone else in the other companies. That was 4 years ago. I was only 10 and I watched as he took over and...killed my mother. She was just lying on the ground and she looked at me with blood pouring out her mouth. She patted my head and smiled and she closed her eyes forever. He warned my father that he will kill me if he don't cooperate. So one night, my father came into my room and gave me a sword, the sword you see on my back, he told me that it is made of a material he found, a material that is stronger than Cillerence. It's actually a new material that can disrupt the particles in it and destroy it. Not right away, but it weakens it and with enough force, it can destroy it. His men and him worked on it in secret and they wanted to give it to a strong warrior, but seeing how they were stuck in the building, they gave it to me. When Krax found out, he ordered his minions to kill me, and I broke out the building with the sword and ran as fast as I could. Then, I reached the island of Cei a few months later and there, they taught me how to use a sword. This isn't really a sword since it's not sharp anywhere. It's like a wide flat bat. But it's still as dangerous as one. And now, I'm on my way to find the resistance, Jeighner, to ask them for help and so we can take down Krax! I want to save my father! And so I jumped on this train and then I got hungry and came down here and that's when I met you and we fought and stuff..." Jem finished.

"Woah," I said. Her story is very different from mine. I'm just joining Jeighner just to escape this life I was living, but I never even stopped to think how Talckerpec affected other people's lives. "I have one more question," I said.

"Yea?" She said.

"I'm just going to assume that you know a thing or two about Amulets. Because you didn't look scared or confused when we went into that white room and my powers and all that's been going on. Am I right?" I asked.

"Yes. I know something about Amulets. I have read about them and it became an interest of mine to do research on them after I first found out about them. See, since we had companies everywhere on the Archipelago, to keep myself entertained, I read books. One book I found, had a little bit of information on Amulets. Then I wanted to know more, but there were pages ripped out. There wasn't even anything online about anything. The most I know is that there are 20 of them...20 KNOWN Amulets and that they grant you powers and they can be seen as humans by there wearers. But the thing is, they were only thought of as stories. Like Mythology, they were not known to be true," Jem finished.

SCREECH!

"Hello Passengers, it is my pleasure to tell you that we have arrived. To the Island of Dec! I'm glad that you have enjoyed your ride aboard the Celian Express...what the heck!" the conductor or whoever operates the train told us over the speakers. He sounded distressed. The doors opened up, and the beautiful island of Dec was...on fire!