Amulet: Pilot

My people were almost taken over by an Organization. An organization that has taken over most of the Celian Archipelago.  The Organization had a Faction which was called Talckerpec, which stood for dominators. The Talckerpec took over 85 percent of the southern islands of Celian. Now we are getting prepared to fight and die for our side. The only reason the Talckerpec waited so long to take over Cei, the island I live on, was because we have the strongest warriors. We have excellent marksmanship, we are best in combat, and well coordinated. Well, I say we as if I am contributing. I am just a homeless orphan who have to do terrible things to survive. My name? I have no name, the people just call me Mherat. That term is given to those who are worse than scum, and well, I am worse than scum. But I dont let that discourage me. While my people have strength on their side, I have agility, the best in Cei. But I want to learn how to fight, so I sneak pass the outside security at the Academy of Cei to watch the students train. I train by myself when I am alone. With me, I can just look and observe and play the memory in my head over and over again. I am good with remembering the little things. So I sat on top of the roof and watched from above as the students were practicing. They always start off with fist fighting, then melee weapons, then something ranged. Three hours passed and I jumped down from the roof thinking about the routine they did. "Hey, Mherat! You were watching us, after I told you not come in this area again!" I turned around and I started to run. "Leave me alone, Rhex!" I shouted. Rhex and his friends chased me. I turned into an alley and it was a dead end. I was helpless and scratching the wall trying to climb. "Ha! Look at the Mherat, trying to climb a wall! What an idiot. Get him boys," Rhex said. When they got close to me, I turned breathing heavy. I never been in an actual fight before, I just imagined myself being in one. One of them swung their left fist and I ducked close to the ground and sweep-kicked him. When he fell, the other boy pounced towards me. I jumped above him and right when he was underneath me I slammed both my feet hard on his back. He fell groaning. The boy I swept-kicked to the ground got back up and tried to punch me again, but I just grabbed his arm, lifted him off the ground, and slammed him on top of his friend's back. All that remain was Rhex and me. I ran towards Rhex and I was just full of anger, why must I be treated like this because I have no home or family or anything? I jumped and tried to kick him but he just grabbed my leg and threw me to a trash can nearby. It dented. I was on the ground and he walked up to me grinning. I struggled to get back up. I was on my hands and knees. "Done already? You Mherat. What makes you think you can be one of us. You're just a nobody who no body cares about." he said grabbing my collar and picked me up. I just spat in his face and he punched me in the left eye. He gave me a black eye. It hurt badly. "Ugh, I will beat you, Rhex," I struggled to say. "Ha, in your dreams." Right after he said that, I kicked him in the nuts and he fell to the ground. I kicked him in the face and he was knocked out. I was breathing heavy and said, "K.O" I ran from the alley. I bumped into a woman and she just screamed, "Augh! A Mherat just touched me, and its hideous! Look at him, he got a black eye," "A Mherat got into a fight, Ha! I bet he lost," someone said. Everyone gathered around me and laughed. Tears were trying to slip out of my eye. I should be used to this by now, but it still hurts. I walked out of the town and walked an hour to go to my cave. It was in the mountains and it was a very far walk on foot. I reached the mountains and I saw a cave that I never seen before. I been to every cave on this mountain, and never have I seen this one. So I walk into it. It was a deep cave. It felt like fifteen minutes passed. I finally reached the end where I saw a fire lit and an old man. He turned around fast and grabbed me by the neck. He slammed me into the wall and looked at me. He examined and looked me in the eye. "Who are you?" he asked me, then he coughed in my face. His breath was terrible. "I'm merely Mherat, I'm harmless. Please dont hurt me," I begged. He stood there looking me up  and down. He let me go and walked back to his fire and sat down. He motioned his hand to tell me to come sit down. "I know that you're lying. You are not weak. You have something unique about you, and I need someone unique," he told me, coughing some more. I don't understand what he meant by that but it sounded interesting to hear, I never had anyone compliment me like that. "I am dying. And I need to pass on my amulet to someone. I looked into your soul and I can see your pain and loneliness. But in there I can see someone who will use that as strength, to help others who are being wronged and hurt. I pass on to you my amulet." he said. He took my hand and placed the Amulet in my hand. Then I heard voices. "I think he is in here!" they said. "Hurry and take this. Wear it and everything will be revealed," he said, coughing more violently. So I took it and hesitated, then I wore it. I felt a surge of power. Then I looked at the amulet. It wasn't just any normal amulet! This is an amulet with a stone! I overheard in a class that the Celian Archipelago had 8 known amulets that posses stones. The Amulets have sacred powers in them. And that there are 20 Amulets total...and it all goes blank from there. I saw four people come into the cave we were in. I turned to the old man and he was dead, foaming from the mouth. I was all alone. One of those men walked up to me and saw the Amulet around my neck, and they saw the dead man on the ground. "Give me the Amulet boy," a man said. I didn't say anything. I backed away slowly. "Didn't I say give me the Amulet!" And he pulled out a gun. He held it to my head and grabbed the Amulet and tried to yank it. Then a blue light shines bright between the cracks of his fingers and then a huge explosion. I woke up later to see four dead bodies, five if I count the stranger! I freaked out and panicked, "Oh My God! Who did this!" I was confused and ran out of that cave and never looked back.