Amulet: The Journey, part 1

Back to Mherat waking up after syncing with Roth...

I packed all my belongings...well just clothes, and that's it. I had nothing else.

"Are you ready?" Asked Roth

"Um. Yea I'm ready. I think. So remind me again of where we are going?"

Roth sighed. "You asked this like 5 times, but I will explain it again," Roth said. "Ok so you are in Cei, right? The resistance is further down the island past Cei. There are 3 more islands after, there is Saider, Equax (A-Qwa to pronounce it), and then there is Dec. We are located in Dec. It is a very long journey. It will take at least a month on a vehicle. On foot...idk how long that will take. But we have to start moving." Roth explained.

"What! But how will we live 😱! I got no money to feed myself!" I got scared and started to panic.

"Well I know where we can get money from...but you not gonna like it..."

I was confused. Where could an Amulet know where to get money from? I thought hard. I'm positive he isn't talking bout stealing. But then I remembered about what happened yesterday.

"No!" I shouted.

"It's the only way, we need to take the money from Rance and the other 4 guys. I'm sure they bring their wallets," Roth told me.

He was right though. That was the only way to get the only way to get money. I'm sure it isn't that much though. But better than being broke. So I stepped in front of the entrance to the cave that started all this. I didn't want to go in at all. There are five dead bodies just lying there, and that will remain there forever. Because nobody ever comes up to the mountains and look into the caves. This was there resting place. I walked inside the cave. 15 minutes later I reached the end. The five dead bodies were still there. I went over and got all their wallets and ran out that cave. It stank. I ran up to my cave.

"How much do we have?" Roth asked.

"🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑"

"Um...are you ok?" Roth asked.

"Look at all this money!!!!" I said.

This is the best day of my life! I never held a dollar before and I got $800,000! I can actually buy something instead of stealing it. I always wanted to know how money felt, how it smelled. I seen money for the first time when I was younger. Rhex bullied me all the time holding a dollar out in my face and making me beg for it. I did beg for it, but he never gave it to me. That guy was a real jerk.

"800,000 dollars!" I said. "We're rich!" I shouted and danced.

"Ok good, that's enough to get on the Celian Express," Roth said.

"Did you just say the Celian Express!" I jumped up and down. "I have always wanted to ride that train!" I said.

"Well it's nice. It shortens our trip by a ton. It will only take 3 to 4 days to reach Dec," Roth said.

"3 to 4? But you said it would take a month and a half on vehicle to get to Dec?" I asked.

"You idiot. I said that because I didn't think we would have enough money to travel on train. Trains can shorten the trips by a lot. Usually it would be 8 to 10 days on normal trains, but on the Express, it will take 3 to 4 days," explained Roth.

"Oh. Ok, so how far is the nearest station?" I asked.

"Well it's in the the city of Cei. By the Academy of Cei I believe," Roth told me.

Oh good. The academy, where my bully always hang out. Rhex don't go home right after school. He would hang out with his gang near the Train station or in the alleys. Either way, that's bad for me.

"O-oh um maybe traveling on foot isn't that bad, ya'know." I stammered.

"Don't be afraid. I'm here for you. If those bullies try to mess with you I will help protect you," Roth assured me.

"Oh thanks...wait...how did you-"

"Because we synced. I have your memories. And I have to say, you had quite the life. The way people treated you just because you don't have a home or a family...that's quite sad, but that's in the past. Put that fear behind you. And let's get on that train and move on with life," Roth said trying to inspire me.

Well. It worked! "You're right. Thanks Roth. You're pretty cool."

We started heading out. I took one last look at my cave with my stuff in it. I was leaving behind my past and my life. And I was going to start a new one. I felt like I was being reborn.