Amulet: Journey, part 2

An hour past and we finally made it to the City of Cei.

"Oh man. Ok, so the train station is another 30 minutes this way," I pointed out. We ran into Rhex and some bullies and got the heck out of there. I avoided using the main roads so people dont slow me down with their crowding, so I used the roofs of houses. So adding up how much more time it took for us to reach the train station, it was another half an hour. We arrived to the Ceilian Express. I wore my hoodie trying to hide my face because I kind of have a bad reputation here on this side of town. When I get hungry and or steal whatever I need I come here. It's full of rich people around here and snobish kids. Rhex and his "gang" likes coming here to steal money. But I steal what I need, I have class. Roth and I went to the ticket booth to purchase a ticket.

"That'll be-" the ticket person stopped and looked at me.

"What?" I asked. "Never seen anybody as young as me buy a ticket?"

"You look like you can register as a Mherat, what makes you think you can ride our train, let alone have enough money to even buy a ticket?" The ticket person asked.

Judging me based off my looks. Of course. "Yes I have enough." I took out my wallet. "So how much are the tickets?" I asked.

He pointed upwards and the price was above his head. I had to squint my eyes just to know if I read the price correctly! "400,000 dollars!" I shouted. The people behind me laughed because 400,000 dollars was chump change. But that is half my money, ugh. So I gave him the money. Luckily I didn't have to pay for Roth or that would have literally been all my money. So I got the ticket and waited for the Express to get here. I looked at the waiting list. 5 hours! What am I going to do waiting here for 5 hours.

Back at Talckerpec...
"Sir we found the location of the Mherat that have Roth," Micah said.

"Good. I got the perfect person for this job," said Master Krax.

Krax walked to his daughter room and she gave him a stank look. "I have a mission for you," Krax said. He walks up to her. "I need you to go and kill this Mherat and bring Roth to me. It should be easy for you, since what we are up against is a Mherat," Krax told his daughter.

Le'eia hated these type of missions. She have taken many lives for this Faction. When she was younger her father liked her a lot more because she had a thirst for blood and power. She enjoyed the missions that had her killing and she loved looking down on people. But then she fell in love with someone she had a mission to assassinate. He showed her that life was something to cherish and taught her how to love. Her father did not approve of how his daughter was changing, and so he killed the target himself. In the slowest and most painful manner. But she had to follow Krax's orders so she accepted to killing the Mherat. "Fine dad, I will retrieve Roth," and Krax smiled.

Back to the train station...
"Four more hours, Roth," Mherat said.

We were walking around the town sight seeing. This town looks amazing. I found a fast food joint around here and went there. I smelled the food, and boy it smelled so good! I went there and got a Juicy burger from Burgers Olá. Oh man that burger tasted good, and it hit the spot. My first burger. I walked down the road again. 3 more hours. Roth and I were talking. We laughed and we joked around. We were having a nice time. I never had a friend to talk to. And Roth is funny.

"Leave me alone!" A voice said.

Where did that voice come from? And then somebody bumped into me. And then three more guys ran past me.

"No...that wasn't...it was Rhex!" I said. It looked like he was chasing another Mherat. I stood there conflicted. I should mind my own business. Nobody ever tried to help me. So why should I-

"What are you waiting for? Help him," Roth insisted. "You beat him before."

Roth was right. But that was just once though. He beat me up every other time though. Can I really beat him?

"You can, don't sweat it" Roth reassured me.

"Leave me alone Rhex!" I said. I was 7 years old. That's when Rhex started bullying me. I was in the middle of the city where there were people around us. "I told you to call me Mister Rhex!" And he punched me. The people kept walking. "Why don't anyone help me! Please!" I asked. That was when I realized..."You sir! Can you-" and the man just stopped and looked at me. He walked towards me. I smiled. I was gonna get some help. A little flicker of hope appeared. "Don't say anything to me you dirty Mherat!" And he kicked me, repeatedly. That this world isn't meant for Mherats like us.

I tightened my fists. "I'm Going in!"

I ran to where the guys went. The Mherat was on the ground. Rhex was stepping on his face.

"Leave him alone!" I gulped, and they turned around.

2 hours and 50 minutes until the train departs...