Amulet: Sync

I walked into my cave and lit the lamps I had. It was a long day. And after I told Roth that I was going to join the resistance, I had a feeling I was going to have a lot of long days. I fell down to my mattress that I found in front of somebody's house. Who throws away a perfectly good mattress? People are so ungrateful. I yawned and stretched outwards and before I knew it I was sleeping.

I was in a white room. Well I wouldn't call it a room, it is more like a vast space of white emptiness.

"Strange dream?" I said. I started to walk and look around. But it didn't feel like I was moving at all.

"Have a seat," a voice said.

I was confused about where that voice came from and where I was, but what got me even more confused was the fact that I was sitting on a chair all of a sudden. Hmm, strange. I looked up and I saw a person sitting in the chair across from me with his legs crossed.

"Who are you?" I asked. Something seemed familiar about him. I kept staring. He had this glow to him, this blue glow to him. He stood up and I saw he was wearing a toga. I looked at him closer and I saw something that made who he was so obvious! He was wearing Roth! I gasped.

"Oh so now you understand who I am. I am Ro-"

"You're the first wearer of Roth!" I stood.

"Yes and no," the person answered. "I am Roth himself. The Amulet is my favorite necklace for when I was alive," Roth said.

"Alive? Favorite necklace? What are you talking bout? Are you saying that you were not an Amulet your whole life?" I asked.

"No...I was alive just like you. I wasn't human, but I had the same figure as one. Along with every other Amulet, I'm no different," Roth explained.

"Then what happened? Why are you an Amulet and not alive?" I asked.

"..." Roth looked uncomfortable answering my questions. He didn't look at me in the eyes anymore, he was looking down on the floor biting his lip. Although my curiousity was taking over, I could see that whatever happened wasn't good.

"You don't have to tell me. You can tell me when you're ready. But anyways, why am I in here...where is HERE?" I asked.

"You are inside of the stone of Roth," Roth answered, "And you are here so we can Sync and see if I want you as my Amora or as you call it, an Amulet wearer," Roth said.

Oh, so I get it. To become an Amora, you must first gain the trust and respect of the Amulet itself and if it decides it can rely on you, then it will let you become it's Amora.

"Ok, I get it, so how do I get you to want me to be your Amora?" I asked.
"Is it fighting!" I popped up in a boxer's stance and jabbed twice with my left fist. "Or is it knowledge!" I started off by saying pi '3.14....' that's all I know 😅. "Or is it...!" I was halfway done with my sentence when Roth interrupted me.

"STOP!" Roth shouted.

I stood there and I stopped.

Roth rubbed his temples. "You dumb humans are so annoying. Just a simple question would be all," Roth said.

I wonder what the question is about? I'm not very smart because I didn't go to school. But I think I can find my way around this to answer his question, because I'm very observant.

We both sat down and Roth crossed his legs. "Each Amulet have a meaning behind their names," Roth said. I perked up, I wonder what Roth stood for then? "Do you know what Roth stands for? If you answer me correctly, then you can be my Amora,"

What! How am I supposed to find my way around this 😵!

So what is it that I know about Roth himself. He have the power to look into people's souls. He can tell if people are lying or not. But he can also tell what type of person you are too. So one main thing I know bout Roth is he have a lot to do with Souls. And one thing I know about souls is something spiritual. Like guidance and/or change!

I stood up tall and proud. "Guidance and/or change! That is my answer because of your powers with seeing into souls! Right?"

Roth smiled. "You are correct Mherat. Not only do our names represent a meaning, but is also based on our powers as well," Roth finished.

I jumped and started laughing, "Yes! Yes! Yes! Score! So do that mean I'm your Amora!?" I asked.

Roth looked at me, "Yes, I have already decided on letting you become my Amora anyways, I like you, human." Roth told me. "To finish the Sync, we need to do one more thing," Roth told me.

"What is it?" I asked.

Roth walked up to me and held his hand out.

"I accept you as my Amora," Roth said.

I looked at his hand, then I looked at Roth. He was still smiling. I smiled and shook his hand.

And the white vastness was getting darker, I was getting ready to wake up.