Amulet: Roth

I ran out the cave and threw up. What just happened! Why did the man say all that crazy stuff bout me being strong? Why did he give me this cool looking Amulet? So many questions I needed answered. I slapped myself in the face to clear my thoughts and they went away...kinda. "Ok Mherat...why did I call myself Mherat 😑, that's a stupid name...but it's the only name I got...and I'm talking to myself, like an idiot," I laugh out loud and fall to the ground. "You're a weirdo. Why did Rance have to give me to you 😒," a voice said out of nowhere. I stopped what I was doing immediately and stood up in my fighting position. "Wh-who said that!" I shouted. "I know every form of fighting!" I bluffed. "You're bluffing, your soul is wavering with every word," the voice said. My soul? What is this mysterious voice talking bout? "Look down," the voice said. I looked down and the blue gem on my necklace glowed. "Hello!" It said. "My name is-" I screamed and threw the Amulet on the ground in front of me. "Ouch! Was that really necessary! You dumb human!" The Amulet angrily said. I heard about Amulets, but the information I heard about them was vague. I didn't know what made them so special though. I walked up to the Amulet. "What are you?" I asked it. "Well if you let me finish what I was going to say, you would know by now, hmph," the Amulet complained. "Fine, I'm sorry. Can you please finish," I asked. A long brief of awkward silence. "My name...is Roth. I am the Amulet that was previously owned by the leader of the resistance group, Rance. I can grant you powers beyond human capabilities," Roth said. "Whoa. Powers? Resistance? Rance?!" I smelled something bigger than me...or was it just me, I haven't showered in a while 😕. "Yes, we have a resistance against the Talckerpec. As you probably know, this part of Celian isn't taken over yet because of you guys' experience in combat and tactic. If these guys succeed in taking down this part of Celian and continue their mission to dominate this whole Archipelago, then this world is in danger," Roth finished. There was another pause. "So why are you telling me this?" I asked. "Because. I need your help, with Rance dead, I need you to go to the resistance, and fight with us." Roth said. "Wait...how did Rance die? It seemed kinda random for a leader of a resistance group, who should be the strongest and smartest, to just give his Amulet to some stranger and then die?" I asked. Roth went mute. "There are three Amulets and their wearers that you have to be careful for...if you don't...then you end up like Rance." Scary! "Oh one more question...who were those guys?" I asked. "Those guys are from Talckerpec, those were just minions, very weak. Mainly used for surveillance. But their boss is one that posses one of the Amulets that I told you to be careful for." Roth answered. "Now I have a question for you," Roth said. "Will you join the resistance and help us defend the Celian Archipelago?" Roth asked. I stood there, looking out into the vastness and the emptiness around this mountain, and the island of Cei. I had nothing here, but what Roth is asking me to do sound dangerous. But, I rather go save the world and go on adventures and not be stuck on this island where I am nobody! I wanna be a somebody, and so I opened my mouth to speak, "I want to," and I put on Roth and we connected.