Chapter 18

I stood outside of Derek's house and just stared up at it, imagining what it must have looked like before the fire. I shut my eyes and thought of a grand house, children werewolf and human running around and playing together, adults talking and laughing as they watched the kids. I smiled softly and felt tears fill my eyes at the beautiful scene.

I opened my eyes and reached out, lightly brushing my fingers over the charred wood of the porch. A smile lifted my lips as I sensed Derek was coming up behind me. I reached my arm back and felt him lace his fingers with mine.

"What were you doing?" Derek asked.

"Imagining." He glanced down at me. "This place before the fire. I think it would have been beautiful to see. Werewolf and human children running and playing outside as the adults watched them, talking and laughing. I can imagine a younger you with your sister, happy." I said. "It's breaking my heart." I whispered, my eyes becoming glassy. I felt his fingers tighten around my own.

"That's exactly how it was." He murmured.

I looked up at his face and saw a distant look in his eyes as he stared at his home. I gently grabbed his chin and made him look down at me.

"If you had the chance, would you want that again?" I asked quietly, his eyes holding mine.

"Yes." He whispered. "I want that with you."

My heart fluttered and I softly stroked his jaw before cupping his cheek.

"Then why don't we make it happen?" I smiled slightly. His lips lifted up at the corners.

"It's gonna take a lot of work to get this place looking like it did before." He remarked. I smacked him on the butt.

"Better get moving then." I smiled.

He growled playfully before tackling me into his arms. He gave my butt a squeeze, making me jump.

"Get moving then." He smirked, pecking my lips.
***************************************************************************
I squealed and ran around the house with a wet paint brush in my hand as I heard Derek chasing me. I heard his fangs snap together before I was caught. My eyes widened as my feet left the floor and I squirmed around so I could face him.

"You got a little paint, just there." I giggled, motioning to the side of his neck and face.

He scowled playfully at me and I smiled. I leant forward and pressed my lips to his, even though his fangs were out.

"You know, I kinda like kissing you with fangs." I remarked.

He smirked and pushed me against a wall, his mouth hovering over mine. His fangs brushed my bottom lip before he pulled back abruptly. I gave him a questioning look.

"Hunters." He whispered. I quickly wiped the paint off him with the rag from his back pocket before he placed me on my feet.

His front door was thrown open and Derek shoved me behind him. I clutched onto the back of his shirt as I heard a group of people come in. Derek tensed and a low growl rumbled through his chest.

"I never thought you'd be the one to have company round Derek. Is it a girl?" I heard Chris Argent chuckle. I carefully peeked round Derek's arm and saw Allison's dad and four other guys.

"It's none of your business." Derek growled.

"Oh, I think it is. Seeing as she is my daughter's best friend."

"Why are you here?" Derek demanded. I pressed my cheek into his back.

"A proposition." Chris stated. "About the Alpha." The floorboard creaked beneath my foot and I felt Derek flinch the same time I did. "You can show yourself Stephanie, we're not here to hurt anyone."

I slowly moved out from behind Derek and stood beside him.

"What about the Alpha?" I asked.

"Should we really be discussing this in front of her?" one of the men remarked.

"Whatever you want to say to me, you say to her or leave." Derek stated.

"But she's so small. Doesn't her dad know she's doing stuff like this?"

Before anyone could react my fist went flying through the air and slammed into the man's face. He hissed and stumbled back, holding his nose.

"Don't bring my father up again." I warned, glaring at him. "Now tell us what you want and leave." I said to Chris.

Allison's dad raised his eyebrows and looked between Derek and me.

"She's starting to act like you." He remarked. Derek crossed his arms over his chest and stared at him. "We want help finding and taking down the Alpha."

"Why should we help you? Your sister shot my ma-" Derek cut himself off and clenched his jaw. Chris' eyebrows shot up.

"Now that's interesting." He mused. "Are you willing to help or not?" Derek nodded once.

"Only because I want to kill him myself." He growled.
***************************************************************************
"Wait, so my dad asked Derek for help?" Allison asked in a hushed tone. I nodded as I fiddled with one of her pillows.

"Derek accepted. Only because we'll stand a better chance against the Alpha and then Derek can kill him."

"But, he's Derek's uncle. It's his family." She said.

"What about my dad, Allison? I killed him. It's the same thing." I sighed. "And I think your dad and Kate know I'm Derek's mate."

"This just keeps getting better." She remarked.

"Tell me about it." I muttered.

Allison's room door opened and her dad stood in the doorway.
"How do you keep getting in here?" he frowned. I pointed to her window. "About earlier, why did you get so uptight when your father was mentioned?"

"Dad!" Allison exclaimed as I tensed.

"We weren't on good terms." I muttered. His eyebrows furrowed before a car horn sounded.

"That your ride?" Allison smiled. I nodded and hugged her.

"See you later." I went over to her window. "Bye Chris." I mock saluted him before jumping.

"I wish you wouldn't do that." Derek remarked as I slid into his car. I laughed lightly and leant over to press a kiss to his cheek.

"Can't let you have all the fun." I smiled.

I love the beginning of this one:)