Chapter 19

"This is so awkward." Scott whispered to me as all of us were in the Argents' house. I nodded.
"Come on girlie, you need to train. You have no idea how wild these wolves can get." Kate smirked at me.
"I think I do." I said, matching her smirk. Allison giggled.
"Really? In what ways?" Kate and I stepped closer so we were directly in front of each other.
'I swallowed' I mouthed at her. Her eyes widened.
"You're lying." She stated. "You have to be. Even I..." she trailed off and I flashed her a grin.
"Nope!" I laughed as I left her stuttering in shock. I moved back and stood with Allison.
"What did she say?" Mrs Argent asked.
Derek glanced down at me and winked, a smirk tilting the corner of his lips up. I smiled.
"You know what; let's just have Steph and Allison today." Chris said. "You two can go."
"Actually, I have something I should be doing right now." I said.
"Same." Allison agreed, sending me a sly smile.
"And what would that be?" Allison's mother asked.
"Top secret, can't tell you." I replied, hooking my fingers with Derek's. Allison and I tugged our boyfriends out the house and piled into Derek's car.
After dropping Scott and Allison at Scott's house Derek parked in my drive.
"What's this top secret thing you're supposed to be doing?" Derek asked as we entered my house. I smiled and pushed him so his back was against my front door.
"You." I stated.
Derek smirked and yanked me closer so my body was against his.
"Bad girl." He chuckled. I grinned up at him before his lips met mine.
***************************************************************************

Derek's P.O.V.
I breathed slowly as I tried not to focus on the pain coming from my arm. I wandered down the school hallway and came across Jackson.
"Where's Steph?"
"Why should I tell you? You told me to stay away from her." He sneered. I growled and pushed him into the lockers. "In the parking lot!"
I released him and made my way outside, feeling blood slip down my arm. I saw her get in her car and quickened my pace. I stopped in front of her car, making her slam down on the breaks. I wobbled in place before falling back onto the ground.
End Derek's P.O.V.

My car came screeching to a halt as I slammed my foot down on the brake to avoid running Derek over. I got out my car and hurried over, crouching beside him.
"Derek? Derek, what happened?" I asked, propping him up. I noticed his eyes flashing blue to pale green rapidly.
"Got shot." He breathed, his face scrunching in pain. "Wolfs bane." I gasped and ran my hand through his hair. Cars started honking impatiently and I grabbed him.
"Stand up." I grunted, pushing him to his feet. He managed to stand and I got him into the passenger side of my car. I quickly got back in my side and sped out the lot.
Derek shrugged off his leather jacket and pulled up the bloodied sleeve of his shirt.
"Oh god, Derek." I said. He looked down at me, breathing heavily.
I sped all the way to my house and got him in my bedroom, laying him on my bed. I rummaged around my room and found one of the wolfs bane bullets I stole from Kate. My hands shook as I fumbled with opening the bullet. I did as Derek instructed me to before straddling his stomach with the burnt powder in my palm.
"I'm sorry." I apologised. He nodded, his eyes squeezed shut.
I pressed the powder into the bullet wound and he yelled in pain. He arched off the bed and roared, making tears fill my eyes. The wound healed quickly and a few of my tears landed on his shirt. Derek looked up at me and gently grabbed my face, bringing me down and closer to him. His thumbs wiped my tears away and he pressed a soft kiss to my lips.
"Who shot you?" I murmured.
"Doesn't matter." He whispered. I shot upright.
"Doesn't matter?!" I shrieked. "Of course it fucking matters! You got shot with wolfs bane, you could have died! If you did what would I do Derek, huh?! I'd want to fucking kill myself because I'm nothing without you!" His large hands rested on my thighs.
"Calm down. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." He said softly, rubbing circles with his thumbs.
"It was Kate, wasn't it?" I stated, shaking a little in anger.
Derek didn't say anything, but I could tell by his eyes. My hands clenched into fists and I could feel my nails digging into my palms. I got up and walked to the bathroom down the hall, shutting the door behind me. I glanced in the mirror before smashing it with my fist.
Derek's P.O.V.

I heard glass shatter and was on my feet in an instant, running to where the sound came from. I broke the bathroom door in and saw Steph on her knees, glass and blood on the floor around her.
"What have you done?" I gasped, picking her up so she was away from the glass. The knuckles on her left hand were split and I noticed the mirror had been smashed. "Oh sweetheart, why?" I smoothed her hair off her face and saw tears falling onto her cheeks.
"I was angry." She whispered. "I can't stand her hurting you anymore."
I held her close to me and pressed a kiss to her forehead.
"Let me clean you up." I said softly, walking out the bathroom.
I sat her on the kitchen counter before holding her hand under the tap, rinsing the blood off so I could see the damage.
"You better let me break her nose now." I looked at her and shook my head. "At least let me hit her."
"No Steph."
"I'll do it anyway." She shrugged. I restrained myself from rolling my eyes as a small smile appeared on my face.
"You want to see her get her arse kicked. Don't try and deny it." She teased, grabbing my chin. I laughed a little before using my claws to carefully pick out small pieces of glass stuck in her hand.
"Sorry, hold still." I said, seeing her wince.
Her fingers traced my jaw before she released my chin, leaving her hand flat on my chest. She sighed and I wrapped a bandage around her hand.
Her front door opened and her hand went to the back of my neck, yanking me down so my face was buried in her neck.
"Don't you knock?!" she exclaimed, moving her hand up to my hair.
"I didn't think you were in." I heard Sheriff Stilinski say.
"My car's in the driveway." She stated. I snorted slightly.
"Yes, well, you're usually not here."
"Were you gonna look round my house? And when I wasn't here so I wouldn't know about it?" Steph accused. "Mr Stilinski you've know me since I was five!"
"Yes, I know. I was hoping to look for a photograph of you and Dylan. I want to see his face, he seems familiar." Her grip on my tightened. "Don't look at me like that Stephanie. What are you hiding?" he scolded.
I sighed and pulled away from my mate, turning round to face the Sheriff. His eyes widened and he looked at Steph.
"I can explain." She cringed.
"Yeah, you can explain when I take you in. both of you."
"I hate you right now." Steph remarked, punching my arm.
End Derek's P.O.V.

Haha, Mr Stilinski makes an appearance: P they'll will be a section on his POV in the next chapter.