Chapter 4

I crouched at the top of the stairs and as silently as I could, turned the small tape recorder on that I had in my hand.
"You're sure we're alone?" the Alpha asked.
"She's hardly here now, she's always with the others." My dad replied.
"Very well. Perhaps we could use her as a weakness. They seem to be attached to her."
"As you wish Alpha. I would be glad to be rid of her. She's too clever for her own good."
I scowled as tears filled my eyes.
"Yes, you have been most useful to me."
I listened quietly as they discussed how the Alpha was going to get his vengeance on the Argents and how he was going to dispose of me, Stiles, Scott, Allison and Derek all the while recording what they were saying.
Once they had finished talking I quietly turned the recorder off and stood up, wincing as the floor creaked.
"What was that?"
I tip toed into my room and pocketed the recorder. I hurried out my window and jumped, landing in the grass. I legged it as fast as I could down the street and into the woods as I'd left my car at Derek's house.
I never once stopped until I saw Derek's house nearly twenty minutes later. I scrambled up the porch steps and threw myself through the door, into the living room.
"Steph?" Scott said. I was breathing heavily as I pulled the recorder from my pocket.
"Listen." I gasped, holding it out to Derek. "Important."
He took it from me, frowning, and pressed play. I managed to get my breath back and it was silent as the recording played.
Once it finished they both looked at me in shock.
"How did you get this?" Derek asked.
"I recorded it just now." Their jaws dropped. "In my house. I stayed at the top of the stairs while they thought the house was empty." I explained. "Guess I'm not as useless as you thought." I remarked.
"I told you she heard you." Scott said to Derek. "You should really listen to me more often. I've known her longer."
***************************************************************************
"Why did you risk doing that?"
"To help. And you know, I really don't like it when people talk bad about me behind my back." I said, glancing at Derek.
"I haven't said anything about you." He replied. I scoffed.
"Oh, please. Well, according to you I'm useless, fragile, harmless and I quote, 'she's get in the way and ruin everything'." I snapped, stepping closer to him. "I'm good at seeing through lies. I've been told them all my life."
"You wouldn't understand." He scowled. "You haven't been through what I have."
"If you haven't forgotten Derek." I glared. "I've lost my family too, my dad has been a werewolf for six years and he's also trying to kill me. Don't say I don't fucking understand." I hissed. "And you know what? I think I prefer you when you're a wolf. Go fuck yourself."
I turned on my heel and walked out, slamming his front door behind me. I felt a strong grip on my wrist before I was spun around. Derek gripped me tightly as his eyes flashed ice blue.
"Let go." I seethed, trying to pull away from him.
He growled and shoved me against my car, pinning me there. We stared at each other in anger.
He started leaning in and I grabbed his head, pulling him down and crashing our lips together. He reacted almost instantly by kissing me vigorously.
Our tongues fought for dominance as my hands gripped his short hair and his grasped my hips. He lifted and sat me on the hood of my car, wrapping my legs around him.
I tugged sharply on his hair and he growled, his fingers tightening their grip on my hips. He pushed me flat against the hood of my car and leant over me, pressing our chests together.
I think both of us were channelling our anger through the kiss and I had a feeling that my lips were going to be bruised.
He suddenly tore himself away from me and roared in his wolf form. He turned away from me and breathed heavily, trying to calm himself. I stared straight up at the dark sky and felt tears leak out the side of my eyes. I rubbed them away and sat up, sliding off the hood. I glanced at Derek and saw he was human again.
"I have to go." I said quietly. I saw him nod as I got in my car.
I drove all the way back to my house and once I got into my room, I collapsed onto my bed and cried.

I'm so happy that they kissed yay:)