Every Little Misfit

-- Jack --

The week that came and went was quite boring without Mark. It was surely not something that I felt happy about, having to spend an entire weeks away from Mark. As I sat in my man cave, listening to heavy metal and lifting the largest weights I had, I decided that busting Kellin's head open wasn't worth it after all. If I had to spend an entire week away from Mark all because of a fight, maybe the fight wasn't worth it. I might learn to keep my temper in check one day.

Not to mention the lecture I got from my mother. It was enough to make me want to stick my head in the garbage disposal and flip the switch on. My dad just stood back and listened. My mom wasn't going to let him come in to scold me, not after he'd been gone so long - if he'd tried, I probably would have hit him.

I had already lay down in my sheets that night, ready for Sunday to come along with the sunrise. Sleep was something that had kept me busy. If I wasn't sleeping, I was eating or in the shower. That's no surprise from my end of the family.

I curl up into my sheets, ready to shiver my way through dry sobs before going to sleep. Yeah, I missed him to the point I cried. I didn't like admitting it to anyone - so I hadn't - but this aching pain in my chest was killing me.

I missed his smile and his laugh. I missed the way his black hair swept over his face in a slight emo fashion when he was in a bad mood. I missed the brightness in his eyes when he got excited about something. I missed the cockiness that I had brought out in him. I missed the comfortable jokes exchanged. I missed the way we held each other and saved each other. I missed the fearlessness that had come along on our journey. I miss his free spirit. It had been so long, I had almost forgot what he had tasted like. The way he felt when he kisses me. I missed it all. The sting in my eyes and the dull pain in my chest was proof that I had feeling. I had love. So much love. So all I could do was hold the largest pillow I had and cry. I had all this love with no where to put it. So it turned to grief. Grief is just love with no where to go.

So as I lay there, silently shuddering from both the cold and my own self misery, there was a tap somewhere across my room.

My ears perked, making me sit up and listen close. Another tap soon sounded afterwards. Confused, I looked around. My eyes eventually landed on my window and I almost screamed with joy - it was Mark. I immediately hauled myself out of bed, thrusting my entire body in the direction of the window just so I could open it. There was a shit eating grin on his face as the window opened with a soft click and Mark let himself inside. I threw my arms around him, burying my head in the crook of his neck.

"It's good to see you too, Jack." Mark chuckled. I could hear the light tone in his voice and it comforted me.

I peppered kisses on his neck, smiling as he shuddered and sighed - I'll be keeping that in mind. I swayed softly with him, inhaling his scent for the first time in nearly a week. Tears sprung to my eyes as I held him tightly. I needed this.

"Mark," I softly muttered, "Oh, Mark."

"What's wrong Jack?" He asked me as he clasped me tightly, still shocked from having nearly two hundred pounds of crazy thrown at him. 

"I missed you!" I muttered softly. I had to speak quiet; if I didn't, it would give away the fact that I was no longer alone.

Mark seemed taken aback by the words as I realized it was the first time I had ever said that to him. He eased and held onto me tighter.

"I love you." I muttered over and over, still peppering kisses on every inch of open skin I could find.

I could feel his smile as he connected his lips to mine. There was this new twist in my gut and I had an odd feeling about this moment. But God, it was perfect, so who was I to question what would happen next?