Electric Love

-- Jack --

That was just it. My wall of security and protection had shattered all to bits, crushed underneath the temptation in my heart; broken down by the not-so-heroic warrior who currently held me because I was not strong enough to hold myself. It felt weird to be held. No one had ever held me before. How had he so easily broke down my barriers? My wall tore down, and it happened in three little words and two small seconds. My thoughts had gone out into the open. I highly wished that the filter between my mouth and my brain didn't have a big hole in it; this was one big ass hole that was beyond repair. If only - oh, if only I could fix it by myself - there would be no problems and I wouldn't have to worry about making a complete fool of myself. Now that my words were out, they were beyond repair of any damage done by them. Mark seemed to be the only thing I feared after I spoke.

Right when the words passed my lips, Marks breathing faltered. He shook a little and his arms gripped me tighter. His warmth never faded from his body as he pulled me so close to him and hesitantly kissed the top of my head. I didn't have to see his face to know that there was complete shock coursing through his entire being and right down to his fingertips. The electricity from him invaded where he held me and coursed through my bones as well. We both held onto the same electricity that would not allow us to break free. He finally  broke the jolt of invisible shock wire and relaxed before he completely melted into the position we were in.

He got as close as he could without molding into my entire body frame. His jaw rested just on top of my faded clover hair. My head laid perfectly on his chest and I smelled the cologne that he wore, making me breathe in deep as I savored the scent.

A few heartbeats passed after my contempt sigh before I felt friction on my back as his arms grasped me and he pulled me into his lap. It was my turn to be short of breath. Not to mention, I'm the dominant one and here I am submitting to his touch. He just pulled me so close to him and snuggled up to me.

With one lone and contempt sigh of breath from the back of his throat came the words I never thought I would ever hear.

"Jack, I love you too."

Even though they seemed more of friendly comfort than anything else, I felt the weight of the world fly off my shoulders and I felt light headed. Why am I feeling like this? I have no real clue.

"Mark?" I ask quietly. His voice was low and smooth as he responded.

"Yes, Jack?" He replied. His voice was as calming as ever. I never wanted to leave here.

"Do you want to stay the night?" I never thought I would see his smile get bigger than the day I gave him my clothes. That smile meant yes.

•••

Once 9:00 hit, we were set up in the basement, it's soundproof walls creating a wonderful isolation where it could be just the two of us in pure silence if we wished.

The rooms walls were littered with flecking paint and a few old pictures. There were a ton of band posters hanging on the navy blue walls. There was a black couch and a flat screen TV. I had shelves with a few precious items - my first drumstick (that I broke within a month), my favorite System Of A Down tee, old metal CDs, and my dads drumsticks - all of which held great amounts of sentimental value. There was also a weight set in the corner where I would work out when I was angry or had nothing better to do. The room had our sleeping bags, game station, a table with food and drinks, and my Bluetooth speaker. There was a door on the far side of the room that descended further into a music room where I hid my drum kit from anyone outside the family. Only Hannah knew that I still played the kit. While everyone else was begging me to pick it back up, she was the only person who knew because she wouldn't badger me to play for her. I appreciated it because I don't like playing in front of a ton of people.