Plans Of The Morning

--Jack--

I walked into my room and kicked off my shoes. It's been a long day and now I'm just ready for a good after school nap. I honestly think I freaked Mark out earlier today in the boys room. I remembered everything to his surprised look to the squeak in his voice. His trembling hands as he looked up at my shady figure.  However, I wanted to be as honest as possible.

I laid back on my bed with a sigh. I saw a flashing green light at the top right screen on my phone as I looked from my peripheral vision. Curiously, I grabbed my phone off my bedside table and checked the number. Unknown. I pressed the little green call button and allowed myself to fall back once again. The dial tones rang as I called back the unknown number.

One rings. Two rings. Thr-

"Hey, Jack!" The person said in a cheery and surprised voice. They sounded familiar, I just couldn't pinpoint it over the phone. Could it be an old friend who'd just recovered my phone number? Could it be one of my cousins I haven't seen in forever? I have no clue so I go with the natural instinct. Asking.

"Who is this?" I ask curiously, sitting up in my bed. I heard a shocked (offended?) gasp over the line. This must be someone I've recently talked to or someone I'm clearly suppose to know. I ran over the catalogue of people I know in my brain, checking all of the voices and all of the tones of each and every person I know. Where do I know this voice?

"It's Mark! Ya know, that guy you basically kidnapped from the school just so we could skip lunch!" Mark said over the line and all of a sudden, his voice clicked in my head. I can't believe I missed his voice the first time! I couldn't understand how I'd missed the lullaby of his smooth and deep voice. How hadn't I noticed him? Then I noticed what he said and I smirked.

"I did not kidnap you." I chuckled.

"You put your hand over my mouth, grabbed my arm, and pulled me into a janitors closet when no one was looking!" Then he paused before adding, "Just to ask me to leave the school with you!" He exclaimed, making me let out a laugh. Okay, maybe he had a point.

"It's not like I tied you up... or brought you back to my house. We just had lunch together." I simply stated. It's not really counted as kidnapping, right?

"While skipping school." He added with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes playfully and grinned. Then I thought some more. He has really thought about today. I decided to act as though I hadn't realized anything new.

"It's not like we were in the middle of any classes." I said, waving off his statement. It was a statement I found unimportant, so I decided to ignore it.

"But still..." He said, not having a comeback from the sounds of it. This made me grin evilly. Then reality hit me and I went back to the original idea of the whole call.

"So what did you call me for?" I ask him, questioning on why he called me in the first place. He'd already taken me up on my offer, why would he need to use my number? Unless something was deadly wrong.

"I was just, uh, wanting to see if maybe we could go somewhere this evening. I've got permission from my dad as long as I'm back by eight." He said. I internally cringed for a moment. He was how old and still getting permission from his dad? I'm sixteen and I just up and go. Then again, it's more expected from me. However, I still worried about the original reason I had cringed in the first place.

"You had to get permission from your dad? How old are you?" I asked him. He's had to have been on a rebellious streak at least once in his life. If not, then I really do have my work cut out for me. All teens or preteens started picking up a streak around age eleven. Parents don't even know about this streak until the child is a teenager, in minor cases. Mark, however, was an entirely different story. He's skipped a few years. Oh well, better late than never.