Chapter Twenty-Five: Family Dinner

I dont know if I should scream surprise or pretend today is April Fool's Day and say this was a prank, vut who am I trying to fool, the truth is already out there. His family knows about me and now my parents know about Scott, I just hope they will be cool with it like his parents were.

-Grace what is wrong with you to bring a demon home? No, better, what is wrong with you to be friends with a demon?

Ohh boy I was wrong.

-Listen dad, please, everything is okay, Scott wont hurt me.

-That's true Mr.Collins, I would never hurt your daughter.-Scott said a little afraid, wich is surprising, but he is also trying to look confident.

-Ohh is that so, listen Scott, do I look stupid to you?

-N-No s-sir.

-Then do you really think I would let be with my daughter?

Before Scott could even answer my dad I decided to make my parents see that everything is fine and safe.

-Dad, do you think I am stupid?

-To be honest Grace, I would say no but after tonight I have my doubts.

-Dad if Scott wanted to hurt me we would already have done. He had so many opportunities by now.

It looks like that made my dad think and maybe, just maybe we will give one opportunity to Scott. He needs to see that Scott would never hurt me and that everything is fine, besides it's not really good if your parents hate the guy you like.

-She is right John. Look you both need to understand what we are feeling and thinking.-my mom said to me and Scott.

-But I do agree with you Grace, if Scott wanted to hurt you, he would already have done that. Scott, Grace is my only daughter and I love her, I will do anything to make sure that she is safe and happy, and right now she is both because of you, however if you hurt my baby daughter I will hunt forever. Do you understand that?

Wow mom. At least she is trying to accept Scott, that's good, it's really good. This already a big step.

-I understand, I swear, ag-again I would never hurt Grace.-Scott said to my mom.

-I'm glad to hear that. Now let's have dinner.

-What are out of your mind Eleanor? No, no this is not going to happen. He is a demon and our daughter is an angel, this cant be happening, for the love of God.

It looks like dad wont accept it so easily like mom did. I understand him but it's time for him to trust me, I know what I am doing.

-John please stop, let's do this for our daughter and try to know more about Scott, it's true he is a demon but he didnt hurt Grace, let's give him a chance.

-Eleanor have you forgot about my dad's death?

-No, but not all demons are the same, just like not all angels are the same, and not all humans are the same. Cmon John let's do this for our daughter.-my mom was trying to convice my dad  and knowing them like I do his answer wont be a surprise.

-Okay, okay. But you listen to me careful, Scott, if my daughter gets hurt, if I see a crying or if I even see a little scratch, you are a dead man, do you understand?

-Y-Yes sir, I-I promise, Grace will be safe.

-Good, now let's eat, I'm hungry.

Okay it could have been worst.

*****************

-I am so sorry for tonight, especially for my dad's attitude.

-Dont worry Grace, I actually thought it would be worst. I was already expecting end this dinner with a black eye, and that didnt happen so everything is good.

Scott and I were now on my house's porch saying goodbye to each other. The dinner was a little akward, we focus more on the food and less in talking, however I still notice a few glances from my dad to Scott but he didnt say anything. My mom sometimes tried to talk to Scott and get to know him, but I know her and she wasnt comfortable.

-They will accept you and be more nice to you, just give them time.

-Seriously, dont worry, I understand them. I would get pretty mad too if my daughter was friends with my supposed enemy.-Scott is amazing, I mean, he is trying to see things from my parents view, not everyone does that.

-Yeah, you are probably right...wait, you already consider me your friend?-I ask  teasing him

-Well if we consider everything that happened I will say that we are friends going in the direction of something more.

-Something more?

Oh God is he talking about what I think he is talking about.

-Yeah definitely something more.

Our eyes locked and he leaned foward, I did the same, our lips were almost touching, and ohh boy if I wanted to have his lips on mine again. Just one little move and I can have again the most amazing feeling that I have never have.

I closed my eyes waiting for the kiss, but he never came, I opened my eyes, expecting to see him laughing at me or something, but that didnt happen. When I opened my eyes, Scott was still really close to me and his eyes were looking at me very intensely.

In his eyes I could see worship, affection and I swear I could see something like love. Before I could even tell him something his lips were again on mine.

I will never get tired of his lips, I will never get tired of Scott, I will never get tired of the man that I love. Love? Yes I guess that's the right word to describe what I feel for him. I love Scott.

-Definitely something more Gracie. See you tomorrow.

Scott left me in the porch breathless while I watch him getting into his car and driving down the road.

-See ya.

**********************

Hope you guys like it!!

Sorry again for my grammar.

Thanks again for the people who still read my story, I really appreciate it!!!

Tell me what you think of this chapter, this story, the characters,well tell me everything.

Thank you so much for reading this story.

Love you all and see you next time!!