Chapter Eleven: New Year's Day

Guys if you want you can read this chapter while listenning to the song "New Year's Day" by Taylor Swift.

*************

I am right now laying on my bed trying to read more of that book but like I said, trying, I cant concentrate because I am always looking at my necklace and thinking of who might gave it to me.

I mean that person must know a lot about me, he just got into my room.

 How did he knew which room was mine?

 Was it someone that I know?

 Was it my friends? No if it was them they would have told me.

Maybe it was my parents? Those would have told me too.

God this is so confusing, everything is confusing, why...great now someone is calling me.

-Hello?-I pick up the phone without seeing who was it.

-Hey Grace.

-Oh hi Sarah. How are you?

-Good and you?

-Same.

-Hey Grace did you see Jenna's message?

-The one about tonight?

-Yes. So are you going to the party?

-Its not like I am in the mood for it but I dont have a choice, you know Jenna would kill me if I didnt went to the party.

Every year at new year's eve some kids from school throw a party, I normally go with my friends, its like the biggest and the best party of the year. Everyone is so happy and excited specially for the midnight kisses.

-Yeah Jenna would kill you. Is everything okay Grace?

-Yes Sarah dont worry. Can you pick me up?

-Sure. At 9?

-Yeah. Thanks.

-Anytime, bye Grace.

-Bye Sarah.

The last thing I want right now is to go to that party I am not in the mood for parties, I mean with the mess that is my life how can I feel like going to parties.

********

-Hey Grace can I come in?

-Sure mom.

I just got out of the shower and was deciding wich clothes I should wear for later when my mom knocked on my door.

-Are you going somewhere?-my mom asked me.

-Yeah to the New Year's Eve party.

-Oh right the party. Every year you go to that.

-Is everything okay mom?

-Of course.

-So why do I feel like you want to say something?

-I just wanted to say...

-Yeah I knew it.

-...that...you changed honey.

-What do you mean?

-Grace you look more sad, more distant, you used to smile a lot and now I dont know when was the last time you smiled. What is going on?

-Nothing is going on mom.

-You can lie to anyone you want but you can never lie to the person who knew you nine months before anyone else.