Sentence (Chapter 22)

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed the last chapter. I just want to say thank you so much for the support you guys have had for this book. It means so much to me as it motivates me into continuing writing! Anyway, let's get on with the chapter! Enjoy!

(Y/N)'s P.O.V
There was a brief moment of silence that echoed throughout the room yet the tension was thick. Thick enough to cut it with a knife as if it were butter.

The silence was broken by calm footsteps that were approaching me and I didn't dare move my gaze from Brad as he approached me. When he towered over me, I was greeted with an iron grip around my throat.

I made sure my face didn't give off any sign of pain. Even if it was hard to do.

"You're her mate? Damn I feel bad for her..." He looked me up and down before letting go of my throat, letting me breathe again properly.

"When you're dead, she'll come running to my arms..."

A low growl erupted from my chest as my eyes tried to burn into Brad's soul. My teeth were bared towards him in a snarl as I struggled against the silver chains once again.

My wolf didn't like the sound of my mate going into the arms of the sick bastard.

"Oh...and to let you know...you have to see Mr. Jauregui later today."

And with that, Brad left with my brother. A hand placed on his little shoulder, pushing him towards the door. Once again, I was greeted with silence and it calmed me.

A coldness overwhelmed me and a soft whimper came from me. The wolfsbane must be waring off.

The lonely sensation got worse as time went on and I realised that it was the mate bond between Lauren and I. Not only was I missing Lauren but...

Lauren was hurting.

——————

It had felt like an eternity before I heard the door handle turn and in walked two burly men. One with a needle in his hand while the other had a pair of silver cuffs.

Great...

Without struggling, I let the man inject the substance into my veins, already knowing it was wolfsbane, and let the other cuff me again. The brief moment I had of silver off my skin was liberating.

That was before I felt the stinging sensation take over my body once again.

The two men practically dragged me to wherever I was going. It was at this point I could see clearly. My feet, unable to work properly, flopped uselessly as the men dragged me to wherever we were heading.

As my head flopped down, I noticed that my torso was bare with only a sports bra to cover me and a pair of thread bare jeans clad to me. There was dry blood over me where a few wounds were open and I was sure my face was just the same.

Battered and bruised.

The sound of pushing through two sturdy doors were what broke me from my form yet I didn't lift my head. Mumbling overwhelmed my ears as well as a few gasps. It was at this I lifted my head to see where I was.

It seemed to be a hall of some sort that was filled with a court like structure of vampires. There was a semi circle table, or panel to describe it better and there they were.

Michael Jauregui and Brad Simpson.

People who despised me and my family. My family name. My kind. To them...we're Tramps...and my appearance only helped their accusations.

As I looked down the panel, I noticed Clara Jauregui, Chris Jauregui and Taylor Jauregui all looking towards me with a stern look on their faces. But then there was Lauren.

Her face was priceless. Horror, shock, anger all coated her face. I couldn't help but noticed how her bottom lip trembled as her eyes lingered on my form. I couldn't take it anymore, I dropped my head to the ground, letting the men drag me.

It wasn't long before I felt my knees come in contact with the floor as I was shoved into the ground. My eyes never moved from my hands in which burned from the cuffs that were gripped around my wrists.

"People of the council! We are here today to witness (Y/N) (Y/L/N) be sentenced for her crimes."

What crimes? Oh right...me being a werewolf.

"Her name bares a burden so heavy that it can't be forgiven. And what is worse is that my daughter is in love with this monster." A stir of gasps followed along with murmuring.

My head looked up to see Lauren's eyes full of tears as she looked towards me. A small smile made its way into my face. She was too perfect.

A Lady...

"(Y/N)...is there anything you'd like to say?" The booming voice caused Lauren and I to break our longing gaze. Connecting with Michael, I could already feel my wolf rising within me.

"You should be ashamed..." I mumbled under my breath. A wave of anger overcame me and all I could see was my vision slowly going red as emotions began to swirl within me.

The death of my parents.

The thought of my brother being dead.

Finding out my mate was a Jauregui.

All of it overwhelmed me.

"My father was nothing but a good man to you! And you stabbed him in the back! If anything, you are the monster. Killing a child's family..." By this point, tears began rolling down my cheeks.

"You will never know the pain I experienced. You will never know the shit I had to go through!" My lungs began to burn as my screams echoed through the now silent room.

My gaze soon shifted to look toward Lauren and I noticed her shocked expression. A warm smile overcame my features as I took in her beauty.

That was until I heard those words...

"I sentence, (Y/N) (Y/L/N), to be executed by decapitation of the head and for it to be mounted on a spike for her crimes."