Ch.5 -The Goblin Camp

Deep inside the forest, a dense collection of tents and simple structures are grouped together, outlining their perimeter is a very shabby and weak looking fence made from rotten sticks and some bushes. The camp is very much alive, with dinner time fast approaching they run about in a hurry, quickly trying to get their tasks done so they can go about filling their bellies. Only two goblins, standing at main entrance of the camp, are excluded from the pre-meal rush. casting a hungry glance back into the camp, they continue to guard their posts, staring into the endless expanse of trees, which are slowly getting darker as dusk approaches.

Unbenowest to the two guards, they, along with the rest of the camp, were being watch. Poached in forest, both the Drow, Damaia and a goblin-fied Cole carefully inspected the camp, attempting to come up with a plan for what to do next. From what they could tell, their were an even 20 goblins inside the camp, they were being lead by someone inside the central tent, who had yet to leave the said tent. Now according to their original plan, at this point, the two rogues were supposed to return to their party, so as to come up with some semblance of a plan..... preferably one with more coordination then their last battle.

Cole, "Hold on a sec, I'll be right back."

Cole, finding himself uncomfortable with simply leaving, decided to enter the camp. However, not wanting to chance the front entrance, with his inability to speak goblin, he scaled the crude fence, and went about trying to sneak around the numerous tents. And while he had some trouble navigating his illusion-body, it seemed that his skills as a rogue had prevailed this time around. However, unbeknownst to Cole, he had long since been spotted by numerous other goblins in the camp, who did their best to hold back their laughs as "one of their own" was clumsily and hilariously making his way around the camp, all of this was witnessed by Damaia, who did in fact laugh a bit. The camp, thinking little of the "stealthy" jester, paid him little mind, going back to their own business. 

Cole was able to reach the central tent "unnoticed", where he was able to see the goblin's leader bellow out orders to a few goblins who scuttled off. The leader was a human male, geared in heavy armor and covered in dirt, and while Cole was still a distance away, he managed to make out that the man was talking to himself, though the contexts of his rambling eluded him. Not wanting to risk getting closer without consulting his partner, Cole decided to head back, this time leaving through the front gate. Joining back up with Damaia, Cole shared what information he was able to gather. 

Coming to the conclusion, that it was best if they acted immediately, Cole and Damaia started drafting a plan to sneak into the leader's camp, and get some more "direct" information from him. With the rest of their party being a good hour away, a frontal assault wouldn't be ideal, neither would simply sneaking in, as Damaia was able to conclude from Cole's attempt. They spend a good minute in thought before Cole comes up with an idea.

Cole, "You could try seducing your way in!"

Damaia, "Ha, No."

Cole, ".....What about if I take you prisoner? I'll say I beat you and wanted to take you to the boss."

Damaia, "That could work, only....can you speak goblin?"

Cole, "Don't worry about it."

Goblin Cole waves her of giving an excited smile, flashing his illusionary canines.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two goblin guards stomach's were growling, dinner had just started, and there they where. Had it not been for their fear of the new leader, they would have long ago since dived into the food alongside their brethren. Giving out a set of sighs, they slump a little at their own misery. They didn't very much like it but rebellion always meant punishment when it came to this new leader.