Character Intros Pt.9 - Nezarec

In a sullen dusty ruin in the middle of a desert. Deep in the complex a well of mana had been busy collecting itself for thousands of years. Suddenly, earthly formations take from the ancient pillars and groundwork to form a singular rocky shape as the bright blue light of mana fades away. The broken arm of a long forgotten dwarven contraption is absorbed into the mass of stone. Soon four legs and two arms began to take shape, followed by a head. As the last twinkle of mana dies the mass begins to move. An elemental is born.

The elemental looked around, still off balance from its birth. It struggled to move about, but soon found its bearings and found a stairway up and out of the ruins. It was greeted by a blistering hot sun, although he could not feel it. A faint eastward wind kicked up sand around him, which unburied a small plate hidden next to a fallen pillar. Walking over to the mysterious object, the creature began its first thoughts. Words exploded into its mind, then the understanding of those words, then the sentencing of them. It next gained the power to move its hind legs and arms, of which it used the latter to pick up the plate. It carried strange runes along the underside which elevated the word "Dwarvish" to its mind. It read the plate.

"To my dearest" - Nezarec

"Nezarec," sounded a metallic cacophony. The harshness made the elemental jump back; it was surprised by its own voice. "Nezarec," it repeated in a smoother tone. In its head the word registered as a name. It pleased the elemental. A small bell-like ring came from under it. It looked down and saw the ring repeat from its front left leg. It noted its difference from its other legs: it was astonishingly refined and shiny, even if it was battered by years of desert sand. A small blade slowly protruded itself in and out of the side. Where the foot would be was a wrapped fist. The elemental studied the arm that was now a leg, and located the source of the sound: a small compass embedded in the center of the forearm. The red-tipped needle pointed to its left.

Compelled by the compass, who's definition just came into its mind, the elemental set forth to find what it was pointing to. It noticed the farther it travelled the faster the ringing seemed to get. Eventually it reached a small village of dwarves, at which point the ringing stopped. The elemental was confused, it did not understand why the compass had led it to this place. All the same the dwarves did not understand why a large centauric earth elemental had waltzed into its village. The men of the village started to throw rocks at the monster, but stopped when it did not retaliate. The elemental's mind was alive with words, "fear, unknown, anger, calm." The elemental pointed to its dwarven leg. An elder from the village and looked over the contraption, then walked back over to the villagers. The elemental was declared a friend.

The compass lit up again, and the ringing pointed towards the blacksmith's shop. The elemental walked over and looked inside. There were only two shields on display, made of simple wood and metal. "Sorry lad, but that's all I've got until I get a new shipment of iron," the blacksmith said. The elemental faced the blacksmith slightly and pointed towards the shields. "Are you sure lad? Well fine, but you'll have to do us a favor first. There are some dangerous wolves prowling our village at night. I'll give 'em to ya, but you'll 'ave to kill 'em." The elemental nodded its head. "And before ye go, what is yer name?" The blacksmith asked. The elemental paused in the doorway and took a moment. "Nezarec," it finally sung.

Nezarec gladly carried out its duty, protecting the villagers from the wolves and many more threats that they would face. Nezarec grew to become more curious about its origins and its arm from the village elders. One night, as Nezarec was returning from a standard hunt, it returned to find the village in ruins and buried in sand. Worried, it used its shields to dig out the buildings. They were worn and destroyed from hundreds of years of heat and sand. Nezarec searched all the buildings, fearful of what could have happened to the villagers. In the buildings all he found were relics of past ages, and the bones of dwarves past too. His villagers were dead long ago. Unsure of what to do, the ring of his leg sounded again, and he set off to find his destination.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this character was semi-created by both my friend and I. It started with the question, "What would a living battering-ram look like?", followed by, "Can you use 2 shields as your only weapon?", Mix that in with a midnight-sugar-fueled conversation about D&D and Destiny, and Nezarec, the Earth Centaur Elemental was born!

His sole method of attacking, at this moment, is to either ram them with is 500 lbs. body of rock, smack them with his twin shields, or both. So, I think we got the living battering ram down. What do you guys think?

His appearance:

7ft tall

centaur shaped/styled body

mostly rock

single dwarven-artifact arm, acting as his front left leg

Class is "Fighter".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That wraps up the party intros!

And yes, this is a big party (by D&D standards), but hey, so long as everyone has fun, who really cares. Besides, that gives me an excuse to throw more/larger/harder enemies at them.

Next chapter will be a narration of how this group of "unique" individuals came together.

Bets on who dies first anyone?   ^w^