Chaper 16: Falling

I open my eyes to unfamiliar surroundings; I remember falling asleep with Niall on the couch. As I look up at the ceiling and feel the plushness of a bed underneath me, I sit up. How did I get back to the bedroom?

I hear Niall stir next to me. "Brooke?" He groans, turning on his side to face me. "What's wrong?"

"How did we get here? We fell asleep on the couch..?" I ask, confused as my voice trails off.

"I woke up in the middle of the night and carried you back to bed," he replies, his voice deep, hoarse, and laced with sleepiness. I could get used to this voice; it's so sexy.

He reaches over and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me to him. "Stay with me...we don't have to get up early," he whispers.

"But you have a concert to prepare for," I whisper back as I bury my face into his chest.

Niall doesn't respond; I look up to see his eyes are closed. Instead of waking him again, I cuddle against him for what seems like forever until he stirs again.

"Good morning," he smiles as he kisses my lips.

"Hey, I've been awake for a while," I sigh. "You need to get up and get ready for practice."

He sits up and rubs his eyes, yawning. "But I'd rather stay here with you," he groans as he sluggishly climbs out of bed. "Please come to the concert, Brooke. I miss not seeing your face in the crowd."

"Niall, I have to talk to my parents today. I need to tell them about the interview tomorrow before they find out over the internet," I murmur. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. "Don't get me wrong, I'd love to spend every second of the day with you, but I need to take care of this," I tell him as I peck his lips.

"I know," he sighs. "But will you please try to stop by later?"

"I can't make any promises, but I'll try just for you, Niall Horan," I grin.

"Did I hear sarcasm?" He asks while raising a brow.

"I do not know what you are speaking of," I tease as I mock his accent.

He smirks and before I could say something sassy again, he starts tickling my sides.

"Ni--Niall!" I squeal as I hold my stomach in laughter. "St--stop! I c--an't breathe!"

Niall pauses, but soon after picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. He runs into the living room and throws me onto the couch. He climbs on top of me, places his hands on my hips and starts attacking me with kisses.

I giggle as I fight to push him off of me. He moves to my neck and starts sucking on the sensitive skin below my jawline. "Niall," I breathe out. "Ni--"

A knock sounds at the door and Niall jumps off of me.

"Everything has to be interrupted," I sigh, still trying to steady my breathing.

Niall sighs and shakes his head. "Must be the lads," he announces as he opens the door.

Liam, Zayn, Louis, and Harry stroll in. "Get dressed, Niall," Harry orders. "We need to head to the stadium for practice." Niall nods and walks back over to me, kisses my cheek, then enters the bathroom.

When the door closes, Harry walks over to the couch and sits down next to me.

"We need to talk," he says. The other boys sit down on the carpet in front of the couch.

I groan. "What is it now?"

"You can't leave the hotel," Harry tells me. "The paparazzi has found out we're staying here, and if they spot you leaving the hotel, the plan is ruined. I'm sorry; I know it sucks, but there's no other way around it."