Chapter 14: Football

I know a lot of people do songs for each chapter. I wasn't ever going to do that, but there's this one song I'm obsessed with that helps me write about the Spain chapters. While you read this, you have to listen to "Bailando" by Enrique Iglesias. It's AMAZING.

By the way, thanks for reading! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pinch my arm, thinking I'm in a dream. This could not actually be happening right now. I look back at Niall, who's staring into my eyes, wondering why I haven't said anything back.

"Niall--"

I'm interrupted by a loud knock at the door.

"I'll get it," I sigh. Every good moment between us has to be interrupted...always. We kiss in Niall's dressing room, Christine walks in. We kiss in the middle of the Plaza Mayor, we're interrupted. Niall just announces I'm his girlfriend, and someone's knocking on the door. Ugh.

I open the door to see the boys staring back at me. Liam is holding the magazine in his hand. "We need to talk," he says, pushing me aside.

He looks at Niall. "Niall, this is not okay," he says, irritation clear in his tone. "You're being careless!"

Niall shakes his head. "I'm sorry mate, but it just happened."

Liam turns to me. "Can you please leave us alone?"

I nod, walking into the bedroom. I turn on the TV so I can't hear anything they're saying. I want to eavesdrop, but I probably don't want to know what Liam is telling Niall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niall's Point of View

"Niall, you cannot run around with her in public," he says, slamming the magazine onto the kitchen counter. "You're putting her in danger!"

"Liam, I wouldn't let anything happen to her," I argue, becoming angry. "You really think I'd let her get hurt?"

"Of course I don't think so. Niall, you're not thinking about the repercussions of this. She's going to college in the fall. If the whole world knows who she is, her life will change forever. She won't have any privacy; she'll be followed everywhere like us. She could even get death threats from fans if this continues," he tells me, eyebrows furrowed.

Shit, I hadn't thought about that.

"What do you mean, if this continues?" I ask, heat rising to my cheeks.

"I don't know," he says. "Whatever you two are."

I stand there, not knowing how to respond. Everything was spiraling out of control.

Louis interrupts my thoughts. "We need to get this under control, Niall," he says, patting my back.

"I know, but how?" I ask them.

"Well, we have an interview on Wednesday before the concert," Zayn tells me. "You need to tell the world that this picture isn't what it looks like."

I shake my head. "No, I'm not hiding her anymore," I fire back, dismissing his proposal.

"Niall, if you make this public, you're putting her future in jeopardy," he argues. "I know it's not what you two want, but you have to do this."

"Will that even work?" I ask. "She's going to be with us for the next month. If I tell the world she's just some fan, how would I explain her still being around?"

The boys look at each other and Harry shakes his head. Did I miss something?

Harry sighs. "Mate, she needs to go back home."