Chapter 9: Decisions

As soon as Niall's lips met mine, my brain turned itself off. My heart was now in control of my every move, and I was actually thankful that I couldn't question what I was doing.

I moved closer to him as I ran my fingers through his hair. I knew he liked that, because he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me as close to him as possible. He deepened the kiss as he slid his tongue into my mouth and our lips moved in sync. I bit his bottom lip playfully as he tightened his grip around my waist.

"Brooke," he breathed out, running his fingers along my jawline. Hearing him say my name snapped my brain back into control and I quickly broke away from the kiss.

As I pulled away, I looked at him. His face was twisted in confusion as he looked back at me. His lips were red from the passionate kiss.

We both sat there awkwardly in silence, the only sound our quick breathing. My heart wanted me to kiss him again, but my brain refused.

I decided that since I broke the kiss, I would be the one to speak up.

"Niall, this is wrong. You're leading me on and you're leaving for a month in just a few days. Why would you-"

"Damn it Brooke!" He yelled, slamming his fists on the steering wheel. "I'm sorry that I like you! And I'm not leading you on. I told you that you could come with me on tour. How am I leading you on?"

I was surprised by his anger. I guess he had a point.

"Niall, I like you a lot, but I don't fit into your world, as you don't fit into mine either. We weren't made for each other!" I yell, looking out the window to avoid his beautiful eyes.

"Brooke, I don't care that we weren't 'made for each other.' We can make it work, yet here you are, dooming us already. Why can't you give this a chance?" He asks, his voice changing from angry to pleading.

He shakes his head and his eyes show only a hint of anger now. "Brooke, please just stop over thinking things." He reaches across for my hand but I pull away.

"Niall, I cannot think straight around you, especially in this car. I need to think about all of this-about us," I respond, motioning between us.

He nods reluctantly.

"I'll see you Friday, okay?" The sorrow on his face made me feel awful. He looked like a lost puppy...god, why was I being so damn difficult about everything? Maybe I do over think things.

I leaned across and pecked him on the lips, which earned me a smile.

"I'll text you later. Bye Niall," I say as I get out of his car.

"Bye Brooke," he calls before I shut the door.

As I opened the front door, relief flooded me as I saw no sign of life. It was pretty late, so I figured my mother would be asleep...I'm thankful I don't have to answer her questions. It was too late to call Sarah, so I decide to go to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't do anything in school on Wednesday; I just listened to presentations each period or decorated my graduation cap. I didn't text Naill, and he didn't text me. I was too busy planning my graduation party to think things over.

School on Thursday was boring too. I forgot that Sarah was at her freshman orientation, so I wouldn't see her until tomorrow. Thank god tomorrow was Friday-not because I was going to see Niall, but because school would be over.

...Okay, I was excited to see Niall too.

When I got home, I decided to lock myself in my room and think. I wish Sarah was here. Maybe she's not doing anything at orientation right now? I decided to call her.