Chapter 15: Perfect

I awake to the sunlight peering through the blinds of the hotel windows, the sound of birds chirping songs outside. I turn onto my side to face Niall, who's still asleep. His mouth is partly open, quiet snores escaping his lips. He looks so innocent asleep, his eyes fluttering as he dreams, his chest slowly rising and falling, his hair a mess. I can't help but smile at the sight.

I roll over onto my back and cross my arms behind my head. I close my eyes, thinking over everything. I think back to my life before I met Niall. I was always so concerned about what people thought of me, and I did everything possible to please my parents. I haven't known Niall long, but he has already changed me for the better. I find myself caring less and less about what other people think of me. I do what I want, not what my parents want me to do. I'm more confident in myself; I don't second guess my actions and I take risks; hell, I'm halfway across the world. And in a matter of days, I'll be revealing my identity to the whole world. I'm loving this new me: the confident, adventurous, self-assured, risk-taking me.

I think back to the concert, when I stood at the side of the stage and how my heart skipped a beat when Niall's blue orbs met mine. I think back to when we went to the beach and he held me in his arms, staring out at the open sea and starry sky. I think back to when he smashed his lips against mine in his car. I think about when he surprised me with a beautiful dinner date and when he begged me to come with him on tour. I think back to when I promised myself that I would take things slow and chuckle at how naive I was. So much for taking it slow, I think to myself.

But I'm glad I didn't take things slow; I haven't held back with Niall. We only have so much time together, and if I was still taking things slow, I wouldn't be with him here in Spain. I would be back at home with my parents, miserable, counting down the days until Niall would return. And more importantly, I wouldn't be the new and improved me, thanks to Niall.

As always, I think about what the future has in store, too. I would stay with Niall (hopefully) for the next month, but after that, I would go back to California and he and the band would return to London. I'm not even sure when we would see each other again. Then, in August, I would go to college. It would be even more difficult to see him. If the boys go on tour again, I may not see him for months at a time. I always try stopping myself from thinking these things, but they're always in the back of my mind.

I push the troubling thoughts to the back of my head again and turn to my phone. I send a group text to the boys inviting them for breakfast. Louis is the first to text me back.

From Louis Tomlinson

We should go out for breakfast

I smile at his response and text him back.

To Louis Tomlinson

Sounds great; I'll text you when Niall wakes up.

I crawl out of bed as slowly and quietly as possible, careful not to wake Niall. I decide to take a shower. I blow dry my hair and throw it up into a messy bun. I put on some mascara and pink lipstick and pick out my outfit. I choose to wear a pair of dark indigo jeggings and a lilac T-shirt. I finish off the look with pearl studs and a cute silver infinity necklace.

When I walk out of the bathroom, I see Niall sitting on the bed, staring back at me.

"You're already dressed?" I ask, surprised.

"Yeah, I showered in Harry's room. You're not exactly quick at getting ready," he chuckles. "But you look beautiful," he insists as he walks over to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder.

My lips curl up into a smirk. "Thank you. Hey, we're going out for breakfast with the boys," I tell him as I reach for my phone. I text Louis that we're--I'm ready, and he replies telling me they're ready too.