Chapter 13: Adventures in Spain

"Wait...we're where?" I ask, astonished.

"Spain!" He exclaims, his beautiful eyes sparkling of excitement. "I thought you took Spanish in high school..?"

I nod. "Yeah, but I never thought I'd actually visit Spain..." I tell him, my voice trailing off.

He chuckles and tugs on my arm, telling me to follow him.

We walk down the stairs onto the tarmac. I'm greeted by two women in beautiful deep red flamenco dresses, their hair tied up in buns with a rose to finish off the look. "Bienvenidos a España," they greet us, smiling.

"I can't believe we're actually here," I whisper to Niall.

"Well believe it," he whispers back.

I follow the boys along the tarmac into the terminal. The paparazzi is insane...but not as bad as back in California. I'm relieved they aren't screaming questions in my direction. I'll take a sea of flashing lights over that any day.

We finally reach a Mercedes outside the airport. Niall gives the driver my suitcase as the boys pile into the vehicle.

Zayn leans out of the car. "Damn, it looks like you two can't fit," he smiles. Before I can respond, he closes the door and the vehicle speeds off.

"Come on, we'll take this car," he calls over to me.

"But they have my suitcase..." I tell him, confusion etched on my face.

"I know," he grins. "They're going straight to the hotel."

"Then...where are we going?" I ask. Did I miss something?

"You'll see," he responds, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I poke his cheek. "Mr. Horan, you refuse to tell me anything," I pout.

He grabs my hand. "Come on, you baby," he chuckles. "Oh, and put this on." He hands me a blindfold.

"No, no, no," I push the blindfold away. "I'm not wearing that."

"Please," he begs, crossing his arms, pouting like a child. He bats his eyelashes at me.

I groan. "Ugh, fine. Just this once," I warn him. He laughs as he puts the blindfold over me eyes.

We're in the car for at least twenty minutes. I'm growing impatient, sitting here not being able to see anything. I've always wanted to go to Spain, and here I am, finally here, sitting here blind. The car finally rolls to a stop. Niall grabs my hand and opens the door, pulling me outside. He walks forward for at least two minutes until he finally stops.

"Take the blindfold off," he orders me.

I pull the blindfold off my eyes and nearly stumble backwards. I'm standing in the middle of the Plaza Mayor.

"Niall!" I squeal, attacking him in a hug. "I've always wanted to come here!"

He smiles back at me, all too proud of himself.

I look at the incredible architecture of the square. The roof of the building is a light gray, with two steeples reaching up into the sky. The walls a crimson red and the building is adorned by hundreds of large, white windows. I turn to see the beautiful statue of King Philip III next to me.

I jump up in excitement. "Niall! Can you take my picture?"

He shakes his head. Before I can pout, he approaches a couple and asks them to take our picture in front of the statue. I couldn't hide the huge smile on my face. He walked over and wrapped his arm around my waist.