48.| Time Heals All

Keith Powers

Keith Powers

Chris and I carried the last bit of baby furniture out of the nursery and down to the truck. Since we have no use for it we decided to donate all the stuff we bought.

Once everything was packed up, we headed back to the room to start painting. I wanted everything finished before April came home later on.

I guess we'll turn this back to a guest room.

"How you holding up?" Chris asked.

I shrugged. "I feel numb. I'm trying to keep my emotions bottled up to make sure April is good."

"I hear you. Just take everything one day at a time."

"Yeah."

"So do you guys ever plan on trying again?"

I sighed. "I'm not sure and I don't want to even ask April if she's even willing to try. I just hope after all this her relationship with Kiara doesn't change."

"Ima be honest with you, it might. Kiara has nothing to do with this situation but her mom caused all of this. April might not be comfortable with the child you made with the woman who ruined her life."

Pinching the bridge of my nose I shook my head. "Kiara is innocent in all of this though."

"She is, But I said that this might happen. It could bring her closer to Kiara. We'll just have to see when April comes home."

"Let's just get this room painted I gotta pick April up in two hours."

He nodded then started setting everything up.

I'm hoping April doesn't give Kiara a cold shoulder because of what happened. She really loves April and being treated mean by her would really hurt her feelings. I don't want her to go through that.

None of this is her fault. Be mad at Brittany, hurt Brittany, don't do that to Kiara.

A Few Hours Later

I pulled up to the hospital and could see April and our moms sitting in the lobby. I jumped out of the car and headed inside. "You ready baby?"

She never looked up at me but nodded.

"Alright let's get you home." I grabbed her bag and the wheel chair and pushed her to the car. Once I put her stuff inside, I helped her get in. I heard her groan as she sat down in her seat. "You good?"

"Yeah." She said just above a whisper.

"Alright." I kissed her cheek then closed the door turning to our moms.

"We'll be over later. I think she needs a minute to herself, let her get some rest." Joyce said.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Call us if you need anything." My mom said while hugging me then going over to April's door.

I hugged her mom then went and got in the car. When I looked over at April and our mom's, Joyce was wiping her tears from under her glasses. Soon the door closed and they walked away. I pulled off and headed home. Every now and then I would glance over at her. Her eyes just stayed focused on her lap.