9.| Issues

Keith.

At my house, I laid in bed while April was fast asleep on my chest

At my house, I laid in bed while April was fast asleep on my chest. We've been locked up in here since our date Friday night.

My phone rung on my nightstand. I glanced over at it and my moms picture displayed on my screen. Taking a deep breath I reached over and picked it up.

I've barely spoken to her ever since my sister told me about my stepdad. I just refuse to believe that my mom didn't know this was going on.

My thumb lingered over the answer button before I finally hit it and placed the phone to my ear. "Hello."

"Wow, you finally answer for your mother."

"I've been busy Ma."

"Mmhm, I forgot that you were even in Atlanta."

I didn't respond, just rubbed the top of my head.

"What are you doing? Are you busy right now?" She asked.

"No, I'm not."

"Well when will I get to see you? It's been a while."

"Soon Ma, I'll probably stop by when I get off work tomorrow."

"How are you liking the shop?"

"I really like it. Think Ima be stuck there for a while." I bent down and kissed April's forehead.

"That's good. I really wish you could make it over today. I'm cooking, I know you've probably been eating nothing but takeout."

"Yeah I have. I might swing by."

"I miss you Keith. I was excited when you moved back home but I still don't even see you as much as I should."

"I know, that'll change. I promise."

"It better."

"You can always stop by my place."

"I'm the mother, you're the son, you're supposed to make the effort."

"Right."

"Well, I wont hold you long. Just haven't heard from you in a while. Hopefully we'll see you later."

"Yeah."

"Alright, I love you son."

"I love you too."

"Bye."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and put it back on my nightstand. April sat up and just stared at me. "What?" I asked.

"You're going to see your mom right?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm spending time with you right now."

"You can always spend time with me later."

"I'm guessing you heard that conversation huh?"

"Yes I did. I thought you and your mom was close."