14.| LaLa Land

April.
Los Angeles, California

Sitting on the balcony of our hotel, I looked down at the busy city beneath me. LA is beautiful. I can't even imagine why Keith would leave a place like this to come back to Dirty ass Atlanta.

We're only here for a couple days before we head off to Maui for my birthday. I can't believe I'm about to be 26! Time really does fly. Besides the bullshit I really think my life is good. It's even better now that I've got rid of people that didn't really care about me.

I'm happier than I've ever been.

The balcony door behind me opened and Keith walked out with two plates in his hand. He bent down and kissed my cheek then placed my food in front of me.

"Thanks baby." I said.

"No problem." He sat down and we started eating. "You ready to explore my home away from home?"

"Yes, I need to go shopping!"

"We can do that."

"Thank you Keith for getting me away from the craziness. I really needed it."

"No problem. It's my job to keep a smile on your face."

"You're amazing at it."

He smirked. "I like this pink hair on you."

"Do you? I thought you'd hate it."

"Naw, it actually suits you."

"Thank you baby." I got up and straddled him.

"When we get back I think I want you to meet my mom."

"Oooo, that's a huge step."

"I know but I really like you and I feel like you'll be around for a long time. I'm sure she'll like you. My little sister wants to meet you too."

"I'm down. I have to get rid of this pink her first though. Can't have your mom thinking I'm ratchet."

"She wouldn't think that."

"If I had a son and he brought some chick with pink hair in my crib, oh it would be a big problem."

Keith laughed. "You're just crazy."

"Just a little bit." I kissed his nose. "So have you and your mom talked about your whole outburst?"

"Naw. It's like she just swept it under the rug. I think she just doesn't want to face the music but it's whatever. I'm over it."

"Are you really?"

"Yeah, that's the past. I'm only worried about my little sister though. I know what she went through is going to scar her for life."

"Only if she allows it to. Talk to her and let know that she should allow whatever she's been through to make her stronger. Never let the person that hurt win."

"I try to tell her stuff like that but she's still mad at me for leaving so she doesn't listen."

"Just keep talking until she does listen."

He nodded.

"Enough of that though, let's finish eating and her in the shower so I can go shopping!" I said.

"Take a shower together?"

"Of course." I climbed off his lap.

He bit a piece of toast. "I'm full." He scooped me up in his arms and rushed back inside our room.

"Keeeeeith! I'm still hungry."

"Oh well."

"Ugh, hornball."