43.| Pained

April Powers

April Powers

"Chris what did you do?!" I grabbed his hand with the hotel towel to clean them off.

I watched as his nose turned red and his eyes did the same. I have never seen my brother cry.

"We got into an argument about how she hasn't been around. Then I asked her if she was cheating. She fucking laughed and said that I was crazy. I told to just be honest with me but she just walked out. So I decided to follow her. She pulls back up to her job but never gets out. Instead, a guy comes out the hospital and gets in the car. I watched them hug and her laugh and smile." The tears ran down his face. "I lost it April. I got out my car and I went to the passenger side and I damn near broke the door off snatching it open. I pulled him out the car and went crazy, he didn't even have a chance to fight back. When I was done I grabbed her by her neck and if somebody didn't yell for me to stop, my wife would probably be dead. I fucked up."

I sighed. "Damn man." I never in a million years thought that she would do this to him.

"Why would she cheat? I was great to her. Do you know how many chances I had to sleep with other bitches but I never gave them the time of day because I just CANT be without Sabrina. The woman is my world April and I never ever could imagine her hurting me! Damn man." He fell down to his knees. I couldn't help but cry cause my brother is heartbroken and I've never seen him like this. "What am I supposed to do now?!"

I bent down to him and pulled him into a hug. "We'll worry about that in the morning. Right now you just need to get some rest." I said while helping him back up.

"I thought she loved me man. She really fooled me."

It's so scary how you can be down with somebody for years and something like this happens. Time really doesn't mean anything.

After getting Chris settled in, I head back to my room even more exhausted than before. When I climbed back in bed it was the best feeling ever.

"What's going on?" Keith asked.

"Chris followed Sabrina and another guy got into her car so now his accusations of her cheating seem to be true. He beat the guy and choked her. It's just crazy. I'm gonna go talk to her in the morning."

"April no, you don't need to be dealing with that."

"Keith that is my brother. That man is hurt and I'd be damned if I don't help him. I've never seen my brother cry, break down crying at that. I'm going to talk to her."

"April you're pregnant the last thing you need is to be handling nobody else's problems."

"Like your sorry ass baby momma?"

He didn't respond.

"That's what the fuck I thought." I turned with my back facing him and pulled the cover over my shoulder. "Goodnight."