4.| Meeting Him

April.

Two Days Later.

Pushing my glasses up on my face, I walked out the door and climbed into the front seat of my brothers Dodge Challenger.

He stared at me for a while before pulling off.

"Good morning to you too." He said.

"Good morning Chris."

"So where's your car?"

I took a deep breath. "The um...the shop."

"You got these marks from the shop too?" He pulled the collar down on my jacket, showing the marks on my neck.

"Chris."

"Just give me the fucking word April! Is that why you didn't come to work yesterday?!"

"Please don't do this right now. I'm trying to stay positive today. I don't feel like crying or being sad today I just want to work."

"This some fucking bullshit! Ima kill this nigga I swear I am."

"No you're not! You have a wife and a daughter, I'm not going to let you do anything crazy."

He took a deep breath and sat back in his seat. "Please tell me you're done with him, cause if you ain't, it's nothing you can say to me man."

"I am. I'm done."

"For real this time? Ain't no running back, move the fuck on April."

"It's over, I'm moving on. I'm tired of the disrespect."

"Maybe you need to get away from your house for a few days. You can come stay with me and Bri for a while."

"I'm good. I'm going to get a restraining order today, he can't come anywhere near me."

"Good. You deserve much better man."

"I know."

He rubbed my hair.

When we got to the shop everybody just stared. I felt like they were all saying I told you so in their heads. I'm sure Jazz ran and told.

I put my things away then walked to the back to my office. I had to take a few deep breaths because I felt myself slowly getting ready to crack. After sitting there for a while I went back to the front.

"Hey boo, did you still want me to do your hair?" Dion said.

"Yeah, whenever you're free."

"My first client doesn't come for another two hours. I got your wig ready."

"Okay." I got up and sat in his chair.

"You alright?" He asked low enough for just me to hear. I nodded.

"You deserve so much better April, you're too pretty and amazing to deal with his bullshit."

"Thank you Dion."

"No problem."

As soon as I got my hair finished my first client came. To be honest I started to feel better once my hair was done. And everybody was making me laugh.