Chapter 28

Sorry I didn't upload sooner today, I've been busy!! ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO :D

Chapter 28:

"Kill me. Someone just kill me now," I mumbled into the blanket, but sat straight up as soon as I breathed in the scent. Old and musty, just like everything in this hotel room.

The only spot available was an old, run-down Best Western on the outskirts of London.

***(I have no idea what this Best Western is like, but I do know it's on the outskirts of London :)***

The cream colored walls stared blankly back at me, yellowed from time. I hopped off the bed and my feet made contacts with the forest green rug, which was worn down to threads. I threw my bags onto the chair in the corner of the room, and it let out a loud creak in protest.

This room was the exact opposite of what Harry had booked for me. Harry. I wondered what he would be doing at this hour. Probably downing beers at the pub with the rest of the boys. For a split second the thought of tracking him down crossed my mind, but I quickly shook it off. He was gone, there was no point in trying to get him back.

Flopping onto the bed, I grabbed the remote and turned the tv on. I found my eyes getting heavy and soon fell asleep, remote in hand.

-----

"No no no no!" I screamed, suddenly snapping awake. After a few moments of collecting my emotions, I looked around, trying to figure out where I was. Yellow walls, green rug, musty bed, squeaky chair. I was in my hotel room, not falling off a cliff.

"It was just another nightmare," I said to myself over and over. No matter what I tried, I couldn't seem to convince myself that everything was okay. Hadn't I already lived out my nightmares? Why was I still tortured evey time I fell asleep?

This dream had been a bit different, though. This time Harry had reached out and grabbed me, but gravity overtook him and we tumbled off the cliff together.

Twisting my head to see the alarm clock, I noted the time: 5:16 am.

I brushed away the damp covers and wandered over to the cheap-looking coffee maker. All they had was decaf, and I knew from experience that decaf helped me nothing. I needed something stronger.

I started to search around for car keys before I remembered. I didn't have a car. How was I supposed to get around? I had no money, and London was no small city. Sighing, I pulled on a coat and my good running shoes and stepped out into the chilly morning air.

I didn't quite know where I was walking. My feet just automatically seemed to know where to go. After about an hour of walking, I stopped in front of Moxies, the place where I worked before leaving London.

I hadn't even bothered to call Martha, my boss, before I left. She probably thought I simply dropped off the face of the Earth.

Stealing one last fresh breath of the morning air, I pushed the door open and stepped into the familiar restaurant. It surprised me that it was open so early, but then I remembered that Martha liked to come here early some mornings to take care of business.

I walked to the back where her office was located. Sure enough, Martha was sitting at her desk, staring at a giant pile of papers. I cleared my throat slightly, waiting for a response.

"Brianna!" she said warmly when her head popped up. She walked around her desk and enveloped me in a giant hug.

"I'm so sorry for not telling yo-"

"Nonsense!" she cut me off.

"But, it's not right and you must have thought that I'd fallen off the face of the earth..."

"No, no. When you didn't come in, I called your place. Harry answered and explained. It's fine sweetie, I understand."

Harry. She mentioned Harry. Why couldn't I just get him off my mind? I shook it off and put on a thankful smile. "Thank you. Um, speaking about that, do you think it would be possible if I could, you know, have my job back?"

"I was waiting for you to ask," she smiled. "Just wait until Harry hears the news."

"Harry hea- what?"

"Everyday for the past couple of months Harry has come in at around 7:00 and asked if you'd come back."

"Everyday? Harry asks about me everyday?"

"Everyday," she assured, a twinkle in her eye. "Rain or shine, he's always here. He seems pretty depressed too. Did something happen between you two?"

"Well, uh, we had a bit of a falling out."

A bang sounded from the front of the restaurant. Martha glanced at her gold-platted watch. "Right on time."

"Martha? You here?"

Harry's voice sounded like music to my ears. I had no idea how much I had missed that deep, angelic voice.

I turned around slowly, my mouth open in surprise when my eyes found Harry standing in the doorway, the same expression on his face.

"Brianna?" he whispered. His voice was barely audible, yet it was enough to send shivers down my spine.

"Harry," I choked out past the lump forming in my throat. I couldn't hold myself back any longer and ran straight into his open arms. "Oh Harry. I missed you so much."

He held me tight, his hands clutching my coat as though he was afraid if he let go, I would be gone. "I'm so sorry Brianna. For everything. For hitting you, for arguing, for taking you from your mother. I didn't realize how much it meant to you to be by her side. Please, if you can, will you, could you forgi-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips roughly against his. I let the 2 months of pent up passion flow freely as our lips moved together. He kissed back with equal passion.

"Well I'll just let you two lovebirds be," Martha said as she winked and sauntered out of the room.

I pulled away from Harry and looked into his gorgeous eyes. There was something about them that instantly had me mesmerized. "Harry, I forgive you. I love you more then you could ever know. The past two months have been unbearable. I want you, no check that. I need you in my life."

A tear slipped down his cheek and he didn't bother to wipe it away. "Come back with me. The flat has been so empty without you there. Even Lou can't fill up the empty space with his messes."

A tear filled laughter escaped my lips. "Yes. I'll come back."

Suddenly his smile faded and his eyes grew a size wider. "Oh, I didn't event think to ask how you or your mum is doing. How are you? Are you in pain? Is your mum okay?"

"Calm down Harry, all is fine," I chuckled. He had snapped back into protective mode faster than I could say One Direction. "Mum is okay. She promised to get father some help. My leg hurts a little, but only because I had to walk across London."

"You walked across London!?" Harry gaped. "Why didn't you call me? Or get a cab? Or, or..."

I shot him a 'you're-doing-it-again' look.

"...oh never mind. All that matters is that you're here, with me."

I nodded and stood back on my tiptoes, just until I could reach his lips. Kissing him lightly, I smiled. "I love you Harry Styles."