Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Brianna's POV:

"Whooo! They scored! Did you guys see that? They're in the lead! I love them! I love you, mwah, mwah!" Savannah blew kisses to the sweaty hockey players on the ice below. Me and Josh exchanged knowing looks.

"Is she always this way?" he whispered, leaning in so Savannah couldn't hear.

"I'm afraid so." I shook my head sadly, "The doctors say it's a hopeless case." I gestured toward Savannah, who was still jumping around in excitement. Just then the buzzer went off.

"Awe, why does the intermission have to be at the most exciting part?" Savannah whined, her bottom lip jutting out. We all burst into laughter, each of us knowing the obvious answer to that. "I'm hungry, anyone else want something to eat?"

"Popcorn sounds nice," Josh nodded, digging in his jacket for the money.

"What about you Brianna?"

"No, that's fine. I'm not really hungry." To tell you the truth, I was starving, but I was also flat broke and too embarrassed to admit it. "You guys go ahead, I'll save our seats." Josh started to get up, but Savannah pushed him back down.

"You two stay here, it'll be easier to save the seats that way." She grabbed the money from Josh's hand and skipped out of the seating area. I leaned back and shut my eyes, trying to ease away my growling stomach. Suddenly the crowd buzzed with an excited cheer.

"What's going on?" I questioned, opening my eyes.

"The Kiss-Cam." Josh simply responded, pointing toward the giant TV screen. I allowed my gaze to follow and caught a glimpse of another couple kissing. The arena vibrated with hoots and hollers.

I had always found the Kiss-Cam to be kind of awkward. What if the camera man caught a couple who weren't dating? Plus it was promoting PDA, which I wasn't particularly a huge fan of.

I glanced back at the screen, just as the view changed and moved to two new people. Wait....was that me? My jaw dropped open, and I wasn't sure how to respond. The crowd went silent when neither me, nor Josh made a move.

After a while, I turned to Josh, curious to see what his reaction was. Suddenly his lips were on mine, and his hands were crawling around my back. Once agian, the crowd lifted in screams. Was it just me, or were they cheering louder then ever?

I finally managed to come out of my frozen state and placed my hands on his chest, pushing him away from me. "What the was that?" I yelled breathlessly. He shot me a seductive smirk and started leaning in again.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Savannah carrying a pair of giant bags of popcorn and disposable cups. She scanned the crowd and when she saw us, her bright smile dissolved into a shocked "O." She was a few meters away, but I could still see the glistening tear running down her face. In one swift move, the food she was carrying crashed to the floor and she ran out of the screaming crowd.

With all the strength I could muster, I shoved Josh off of me and stood up, anger surging through my veins.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Josh asked, putting on a sulking face. I simply stood there, my feet planted to the ground and my mouth gaping. I couldn't believe what he was saying. How could he possibly ask 'what's wrong' after everything he just did?

"What's wrong? What's wrong is that you just cheated on my best friend! What's wrong is that she saw, and is now running away in tears! What's wrong is that you used me and made me look guilty!" I could've screamed at him for hours, but I had a hurt friend to find. I stormed off, leaving him alone and embarrassed.