Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Harry's POV:

*Ding dong*

The sound of the doorbell rang throughout the flat.

Glancing at Brianna, I saw an expression of nervousness flicker across her face. I placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a light squeeze. "Just be yourself and you'll be fine," I whispered encouragingly in her ear.

Forcing myself away from her side, I ran to the door. Niall, Liam, and Zayn stood there, each sporting an enormous grin.

"Hi Harry!" they chorused, welcoming themselves in.

"Hey guys," I replied, closing the door behind them. I led them to the den where Brianna and Louis were sitting, engaged in a deep discussion.

When Louis spotted the rest of the boys, he grinned from ear to ear. "Hi lads! Long time no see!"

"Uh Louis, it's only been two days," Liam pointed out.

"My point exactly!" he responded proudly.

"What? That doesn't even make any sense!"

"Boys, I'd like you to meet Brianna," I yelled, interrupting their argument.

They each said a greeting, taking turns giving her a welcoming hug. She smiled and replied with cheeky lines, seemingly pleased with their responses.

Just then the phone rang.

"I'll get it. Harry, you stay here and entertain these lads," Brianna ordered, taking off for the kitchen.

I stared at her as she left. She walked with such elegance and smoothness. Everything she did was starting to get my attention. Every little detail...

"Hey Romeo, we're over here," Louis teased, poking my back.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Sorry," I mumbled. They exchanged knowing looks and rolled their eyes in my direction. "What?"

"Are you going to tell them or shall I?" Louis asked, smirking.

Huffing, I sprawled across the couch. "You guys may as well get comfy." I motioned for them to sit, but they remained standing. "Ok fine, don't sit," I mumbled under my breath.

"Well? Are you going to tell us or what?" Niall asked impatiently, crossing his arms.

"Alright! I...I'm in love with Brianna. There, I said it. Happy now?"

They all nodded, satisfied. Zayn walked over and sat beside me. "There there. That wasn't so bad, now was it?" He patted my head in a comforting way.

"Oh Zayn, what do I do?" I cried dramatically, burying my face in his chest.

"Woah! Calm down curly," he replied, quoting Louis. His hand rubbed in slow, circular motions on my back.

"When are you going to tell her?" Liam inquired, taking a seat on the other side of me.

"That's just the thing, I don't know if she likes me. What if she doesn't feel the same way?" I picked myself up from Zayn's arms and moved to Liam's.

"How are you going to know if you never take the risk?" Niall said. He moved closer, kneeling in front of me.

"Nialler's got a point," Louis said, poking his finger in the air.

"But I-I'm scared. I don't want to make things awkward with Brianna," I protested. Only then did I realize how tightly I was gripping Liam's shirt. I loosed my hold, but didn't let go.

Zayn sighed, speaking as though this was common sense. "Would you rather take the risk and have a relationship with Brianna, or forever wonder what things could've been like?"

"Come on Harry, you can do it," Louis said. He plopped himself next to Zayn, grabbing the remote. Punching the button, the tv came to life.

Suddenly a blown up picture of Brianna filled the screen.

-----

Brianna's POV:

Punching the talk button, I placed the phone over my ear. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Brianna Jacobs?" came a woman's voice over the phone.

"Yes, it is."

"Would it suit you to meet me at Moxies around noon tomorrow for an interview?"

My heart skipped a beat. A job interview? Already? "Yes! That would work wonderfully!" I exclaimed, a little too loudly.

The woman on the other end chuckled. "Great, see you then."

Excitement raced through me. It was all I could do to quench the squeal rising inside. Real hope glimmered in the distance. I was finally getting somewhere with my life.

I could start my life over, beginning now. Away from my father, the pain, the depression. Now I can put the past behind me and look to a brighter future.

My steps were light as I skipped to the den. A huge smiled covered my face as I joined the boys.

There, on the tv screen, was a giant picture of me.