Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Brianna's POV:

"What do you think your doing?" yelled my best friend, Savannah, as she tackled the hair straighter from my grasp.

"I'm straightening my hair! What does it look like?" I yelled back, tugging on the steaming tool.

"Don't you dare straighten those beautiful curly locks!" She gestured toward my mess of hair as if I was stupid. Ever since we first met, Savannah has always been jealous of my long, curly, chocolate brown hair and I don't understand why. I feel like a poodle 24/7.

"Or what?" I challenged, a smirk forming on my lips.

"Or....or...ugh I give up." She threw her hands in the air and turned around, flopping onto my bed.

"That's better." Grabbing my brush, I combed through my hair, brushing out the knots before attempting to tame my wild curls. After about 30 minutes, I finally finished with my hair and moved onto my makeup.

"Are you almost finished?" Savannah moaned, being the usual drama queen she was.

"I'm getting there, be patient." I grabbed a black eyeliner and mascara, setting to work. Fortunately my skin tone is fairly even with little acne, so foundation was unnecessary. I topped my face off with a swipe of blush on both cheeks and turned to face my friend, who was laying face down, arms and legs spread out on my bed. I rolled my eyes and tossed a pillow at her, causing her to let out a yelp.

"It's about time!" She jumped from my bed and practically ran downstairs. "Are you coming?"

I started to follow her, but stopped in front of the mirror in the hallway for one final look-over. My favorite white jeans were hugging my long legs and a blue striped tank top with a flowing white shrug adorned my slim figure. I had kept it simple and only had a gold necklace for jewelry. My eyes seemed to have a mind of their own; somedays they're green, while other days they're brown. I guess today they decided green would look good on me.

"Hellooo?" came an irritated voice from the front entrance.

"Coming!" I yelled and slipped into a cute pair of navy blue flats. "Mum, Dad, I'm leaving!"

"Bye Honey, be good! Don't forget your curfew!" They both yelled in unison.

Savannah honked at me when I emerged from the flat. She just passed her drivers test and now she was always on the road. I couldn't wait until I hit 16 in a few months so I could stop bumming rides off of her.

"Let's get this show on the road!" she yelled as I climbed into the passengers seat. "Hopefully Josh will be there." She smiled and winked at me excitedly before backing out of the driveway. Ah yes, Josh, Savannah's new 'boy-toy.' I sure hope she goes easier on him then the past ones; he's much more, shall we say, fragile then most guys.

"Oooo shut up! It's my favorite song!" I screamed, cranking the stereo. The lyrics from 'Somebody that I used to know' by Gotye filled the car.

**Ok side note: Harry doesn't come into the story till about the 6th chapter- so bear with me :) feedback?**