Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Harry's POV:

Brianna tuned away and stooped down, picking up the pieces of luggage strewn across the sidewalk.

Brianna. That was a beautiful name.

"Hey, I really am sorry."

"I'm fine, don't worry." Carrying her many suitcases, she waved and turned to walk away.

"Wait, where are you going with all those bags?" I called after her. I didn't want to let her go quite yet. Something about her had caught my attention.

"Um, well I'm not sure," she yelled over her shoulder. I caught up and stood in front of her, forcing her to stop.

Gosh, she was beautiful. Her eyes were a gorgeous mix between green and brown. That long brown hair blew in the wind and her smile was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

I suddenly realized I was staring. Snapping out of my gaze, I fought to stay on topic. "What do you mean, you're not sure?"

She let out a sigh. She seemed to be having some sort of mental debate. "Well, I'm trying to find a job and some place to live."

What was a girl her age doing all alone? She looked like she could still be in school. I kept my questions to myself, not wanting to scare her away. "I can help with that! Follow me."

She didn't move, but stared at me as though I was crazy. Only then did I realize how wrong that sounded.

"I'm taking you to the closest hotel. Don't worry, I'm not kidnaping you!" She nodded and did as I instructed.

Suddenly a group of screaming girls came our way. Brianna jumped back in surprise. The poor girl looked torn between staying with me or running for her life.

"It's ok, they're just fans. Stay here," I whispered. Her eyes grew wide, as though she had a sudden realization.

'Harry Styles?' she mouthed. I simply nodded and smiled.

"OH MY GOSH IT'S HARRY STYLES!" one of the girls yelled.

I smiled and went through the usual routine as they pulled out their phones. I signed a couple of shirts and did my best to entertain them. One of them seemed to notice Brianna and pointed to her.

"Who's she?"

"Oh, this is Brianna," I stated, wrapping an arm protectively around her waist.

"What's wrong with your cheek?" one of them asked, motioning to Brianna's face.

For the first time I noticed the dark spots on her face. Why hadn't I seen that sooner?

Her cheeks bloomed red as she stuttered out a reply. "I-I uh...well um, I fell down the stairs."

Thankfully the fans seemed satisfied with that answer and finally turned around to leave. When they were out of sight, I looked Brianna straight in the eyes.

"That's not really what happened to you, is it."