Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Harry's POV:

As I opened the door to my flat, my heart began to beat faster. I couldn't wait to see Brianna. Tonight was the night. Tonight, I was going to tell her.

I stepped into the flat, breathing in the familiar scent. It sounded awfully silent. "Brianna?"

"She's probably sleeping," Louis said, kicking off his toms.

"Yeah, you're probably right." Peeling off my coat, I followed Louis, grabbing a can of beer from the mini fridge.

I still couldn't hear anything besides Louis singing somewhere in the flat by the time I had downed the can. Growing suspicious, I pulled myself from the couch and walked to her door, knocking quietly.

When I got no reply, I knocked louder. Still, silence was all I received. I tried the door knob to find it unlocked. Welcoming myself in, my eyes swept the room.

Her bed was neatly made and not an article of clothing littered the floor. Brianna was known to be a neat freak, another thing I loved about her.

Confused, I run upstairs to check my room, thinking maybe she crashed in my bed. All I found was another neat bed, no Brianna.

"Louis!" I yelled, terror causing my chest to tighten.

"What's wrong Harry?" Louis shouted, clomping up the stairs.

"I-it's Brianna. Have you seen her?"

"No, isn't she in her room?"

Shaking my head, I frantically began searching the flat, tossing pillows and slamming doors. No luck. Louis couldn't find any trace of her either.

Grabbing my phone, I dialed her number. One Thing suddenly blasted from somewhere in the flat. Following the sound, I found Brianna's phone, buzzing profusely on her bedside table.

I was at my wits end. Where did she go? Why would she just leave? Was she lost? Did she run away?

Then I remembered her job interview. Hopping in my car, I drove through the London streets, searching for any sign of my redhead.

Brianna's POV:

I wearily slumped on a park bench. I knew I looked very unladylike, but at this point, I simply didn't care. I was cold, weak, tired, and hungry from wandering around the streets.

No matter how hard I tried, I simply couldn't seem to find my way back. I was kicking myself for forgetting my phone at Harry's place, and for spending the last of my money on ice cream.

I didn't know what to do anymore. I didn't want to ask for directions, and risk giving my identity away. People would become suspicious if I asked where Harry and Lou's house was.

An older man sat beside me. I tried not to stare, and just keep to my own thoughts. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his hand creep closer, touching my arm. Ripping my arm away, I scooted to the end of the bench and glared at him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you," he said in that sweet, elderly way. "You just seem...distraught. Is there something I can help you with?"

I sighed. He didn't seem threatening. And I could use any amount of help being offered. "Well, actually, there is," I started, watching his expression carefully. His ears seemed to perk up and become attentive. "Could you spare me some change so I can call a friend?"

A giant smile played on his lips. "Of course Sweetie!" He dug around in his wallet until he came out with the correct amount of change. Placing it in my hand, he looked at me closely.

"Thank you so much." I breathed a sigh of relief.

He grinned. "Glad I could help."

With that, I got up in search of a pay phone, which wasn't terribly difficult. Punching in Harry's number, I waited anxiously as it began to ring.

"Hello?" came that beautiful, deep voice that I had missed so much.

"Harry!"

"Brianna!? Where the heck are you?" he practically yelled into the phone, causing me to grimace and hold it a few inches from my ear.

"Th-that's just the thing. I-I don't know," I stuttered, realizing this was going to be harder then I thought.

"Look around, what do you see?"

"Well um...I see a park bench, lots of cars, and....a giant clock..."

"Big Ben! Perfect, I'm comi...."

He was cut off by the mechanical voice, instructing me to add more coins. Frustrated, I slammed the phone back and ran my hands through my hair.

I paced back and forth in front of Big Ben, waiting, hoping, Harry would find me.