19 - Ethan

9th December 2016

I watched her slip into the passenger seat of my car. She looked like an almost stress-free person. It was something I'd never seen before with her. She always seemed stressed about something. I took notice of her onesie and chuckled.

"Are you wearing a fucking dragon onesie?"

"Yes."

"Alright." I started up my car and we drove out of the parking lot. I'd never seen the inside of her apartment properly. The occasional photo or snap chat video, but I'd never been in there. Mark lightly mentioned that it had a lot of things in there. That was when he helped Kiara move in, so it was all just Jenny's stuff. I'd never met Jenny. Texted her, yes. But never met her. She was just someone who had somehow gotten my number and told me about the things Kiara did when she thought no one was looking.

I swear, Kiara knew her way around my house better than I did. It shouldn't have even surprised me that she could list off a bunch of random things about the house. Things like that the manhole wasn't entirely sealed and made whistling sounds when it rained. It had rained once since I moved here and I had never noticed that.

"How the fuck do you know that?"

"I used to live here," she answered, making herself at home on our couch. I mumbled an 'of course' under my breath and sat down next to her.